Trying to buy Bitcoin

Don

Jul 6, 2016
Hi

I'm new to bitcoin and, having set up a wallet, I'm trying to buy about 200 pounds of bitcoin for cash. Does anyone know an easier way to buy bitcoin in England other than meeting a man in pub (ie. LocalBitcoin)? The Satobit voucher system seems to have closed and I can't find any other method.

I've read the previous thread about this but as the OP didn't say where he was based there were no suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Don

Jul 6, 2016
This advert from Bitstrategy / arnel above doesn't seem to help me because it refers to a minimum investment, and I don't have any bitcoin yet to invest with.

Does anyone else have any suggestions about obtaining bitcoin for cash please?

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
How can you give someone cash without showing up and handing it to them?

Don

Jul 6, 2016
"How can you give someone cash without showing up and handing it to them?"

I expect to have to "show up and hand it to them", I'm just trying to find an alternative to doing that through LocalBitcoin. For example, the Satobit bitcoin vouchers were available to buy through a few high street retailers, and that would have been a lot easier and quicker than arranging to meet a stranger.

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Meeting a stranger is no problem. You do it all the time. Don't fall for the "don't do anything yourself, call us" false safety strategy. It will take you down.
[doublepost=1468174431][/doublepost]Mycelium has a straightforward addon called local trader. I have used it successfully many times.