Thread Collapsed - Bitcoin Sideways.

What now?

• Same Thread Different Forum?

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Same Forum Different Thread?

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Peace - Keep Calm, Carry on, and Reopen Discussion?

Votes: 22 88.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lunar

Aug 28, 2015
Just opening this here for discussion about the closing of the Gold Collapsing Bitcoin Up (Slack channel thread) and ask for calm and sensible heads. We've managed to foster a much needed, great space for intelligent discussion and It seems a shame to let that die due to personal differences.

We are better than this.

Edit: PS don't forget you have two votes above ;-)

Last edited:

satoshis_sockpuppet

Feb 22, 2016
What the hell is the problem? Didn't I get a memo or do some guys have that time of the month?

I always found the atmosphere here quite nice, different opinions are respected and people are fairly nice to each other so I don't get what problem cypherdoc might have with bloomie?

_mr_e

Aug 28, 2015
@cypherdoc I honestly cannot believe you are going to let some personal differences destroy everything that was built here. The main small block resistance lives here, BU was created and continues to be developed here, Chinese miners are paying attention along with other big names in the space. Closing down like this and moving to a horrible forum(I HATE the forum.bitcoin layout/features!) is going to set our movement back a great deal at a time we cannot afford it! Please reconsider, this is going to do way more damage then good!

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
This fork is ridiculous. Will it be possible that two adults come to a consensus?
But i am not really surprised and my posts never got many likes when I wrote about the reality of the society. There is no such thing as altruism as a dominant force within a society where aliens are interacting with each other. Those are utopias. Nuclear communities (anarchy) are ruled by consensus and altruism. Societies (patriarchy) never ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: satoshis_sockpuppet

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
Perhaps a Bitcoin Unlimited Economics Discussion thread can be opened in this forum by one of the more active members. In it we could carry on more or less as in the GCBU thread, sadly minus @cypherdoc's leadership, but possibly still with his input.

@_mr_e: we do not know the whole story, and in any case I am sure it was a lot of work to maintain the thread for years, which must be recognized. But we cannot afford to disband at this moment.

@Zarathustra: 852 likes is a lot of likes.

Last edited:

pekatete

Jun 1, 2016
London, England
icreateofx.com
I know it is still early doors, but from where I am standing this is as apt a case of @cypherdoc throwing the bath water out with the baby! Though I am more of a lurker (and possibly should not comment further, though I shall), that the thread has been closed, to me at least, bears out that @Bloomie was right in the first instance about not granting him / her pruning rights on the thread.

Well well, if at all the GCBU thread can not be reopened then I hope a new thread starts up on this forum and a link posted as the last message pointing to the new thread from the old GCBU thread. At this particular point in (space and) time (and with the little I know), I have no sympathy for @cypherdoc

Reactions: flipperfish

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
We should probably give it a few days, let everyone cool off and then see whether @cypherdoc reconsiders based on the poll stats above.

I for one don't mind if we can pick up the thread where we left off.
I'm also fine with another thread to pick it up, or moderation of that thread to pass to some other eminence on this forum. I didn't have any problems with how @cypherdoc ran the thread, until of course he closed it up suddenly :-/

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
There is no doubt that the main beneficiary of the GCBU thread being closed down is BS-Core. It was a focal point of free-thinking about main-chain scaling. Bad timing too as the end of July may find some miners finally abandoning the worthless HK "agreement".

The ETH subreddits have more participation than r/btc and r/bitcoin. This has got to be ringing alarm bells for anyone who wants to see BTC remain no.1. Strife here does nothing to help the situation.

albin

Nov 8, 2015
This thread gets +1 internets for giving me a banner ad to go see Megadeath in October in Camden NJ!

Reactions: Bloomie

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
@cypherdoc

I hardly ever noticed the spam at all, so whatever faults there may have been with @Bloomie's policies, I simply can't fathom how switching to a different forum would be worth the cost.

I know you are pragmatic. Consider how bad some other forum owner may be as well. Every forum except one you start yourself will involve concessions and compromises. To me this place is paradise so far in terms of lack of heavyhanded moderation, a "dream team" userbase with exceptionally high signal-to-noise ratio, and good interface (if on Android, use Chrome not the default "Internet" app), and that is a sweet stroke of luck in the forum world as most of them outright suck.

@Bloomie

The man that anchors the mainspring of the value of this forum is fixing to leave. You're sitting on a veritable goldmine here, in the future especially. Surely some arrangement can be reached. Have you at least skyped (people are usually a lot more amicable on skype)?

Last edited: