This vs forum.bitcoin.com ?

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
free market will take care of it don't worry :p

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
If we get a sponsorship offer from a trustworthy company, we'll consider it. I have not monetized this domain for the entire time that I've owned it, and I'm OK with that.

Reactions: bitsko

cybrbeast

Sep 28, 2015
Netherlands
futuretribe.space
This is not cool IMO

Hey, can you please remove the link to the other forum from your original post? I don't care about people talking about other sites on our forum, but we shouldn't help people who have backstabbed us by helping them increase their Google rankings.​

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
What's not cool is posting a private conversation in public.... If I wanted to censor anything, I'd just delete your post. Instead I asked you if you would mind removing the direct link (not the text), because it influences both sites' Google rankings.

Yes, Roger Ver pulled a pretty shitty move when I wrote to him a few weeks ago and asked to support us and to tweet about the new forum to his followers. What he did instead is rush to start a separate forum, hoping to drive traffic to his sponsors and shove wallet services down people's throats and stuffed everything with ads.

So yes, I see no reason to elevate his Google rankings at our own expense.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
So what you should have done instead is reply to my PM and say "You should request this publicly, so people know why I edited my post" instead of posting a private message in a public thread. Even if there's nothing incriminating, it's extremely bad form to do that.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
I don't think you understand what censorship is. If you had responded with "Fuck you, I'm not editing anything," your post would have stayed. And that would have been less rude than what you did.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Seriously, get your panties out of a bunch. None of this is an excuse to post a private message in public.

I'm done discussing this. If you don't like it here, you are free to go back and hang with theymos or Roger. Maybe that'll give you an idea of what censorship (or doxxing trusted accounts in Roger's case) really is.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
I think it's extremely bad form for a 'censorship free' forum admin to ask something like that privately.
Usually saying something like that is backed with the implicit threat of "I'm asking nicely to let you save face, but if you refuse I'm just going to delete it unilaterally." But I don't think that is how Bloomie rolls.

However, @Bloomie, I think most people will have a hard time believing the mods here are not business as usual, so people will tend to take such PMs as implicit threats unless otherwise specified (and perhaps even if otherwise specified - in most forums it's taken for granted that mods "asking" is tantamount to demanding + risking a ban; only a long history of non-censorship (I agree that asking is fine, provided it's clearly understood that refusing is fine) can establish enough reputation for people to take a PMed request as just a request).