The future of Bitcoin Governance is Unlimited

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@digitsu

I thought your article was top-drawer!
It is great that you appreciate where BU is headed, and that the vision is far more important than dealing with the block limit problem itself, which happens to be the topic of today. I'm looking forward to debate about scaling solutions to the real limiting problems which lurk ahead, not many years away at the ecosystem growth rate.

digitsu

Jan 5, 2016
@digitsu

I thought your article was top-drawer!
It is great that you appreciate where BU is headed, and that the vision is far more important than dealing with the block limit problem itself, which happens to be the topic of today. I'm looking forward to debate about scaling solutions to the real limiting problems which lurk ahead, not many years away at the ecosystem growth rate.
Yeah, I just offered to start the debate with Charlie after reading his post. (which indicates that his opinion is the common one among those unfamiliar with monetary theory)

I spent pretty much all day having a pleasant discourse with James Hilliard, I think in the end I got him to the point where he was willing to accept that my stance was 'plausible'.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
Great article.

Slight refinement: the market of users always determines what is valid in the first sense, but right now their determination is tied to their choice of dev team ("I want BIP101 but don't trust Mike Hearn, so reluctantly choose Core" / "I want small blocks but don't trust Blockstream, so reluctantly choose XT").

Consensus parameters being user-selectable unbundles that choice: users can choose a dev team independently of their choice of what is valid. Must the validity determination remain devteam-bound?

It's only the absence of sufficient controversy in the past that has allowed for this coupling of validity with dev team to continue. Blocksize debate reveals it's unnecessary and dangerous.