The Bitcoin Forum Miners Club

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Some eighteen months ago, a friend, who is a blockchain developer, talked me out of building an Ethereum mining rig, a decision that I, to put it mildly, regret.

I am now determined to build a CPU/GPU altcoin mining machine for the sheer experience, whether it results in profits, losses or breaks even (with a strong preference for the former). If you want to join me in this endeavor or are already mining, please feel free to participate. This will be our fun little club. I obviously don't want to become a professional miner and intentionally want to keep it small and not take it to reddit etc. But if we can get a small group going here, great.

Step 1 is to identify currencies or tokens in the coinmarketcap top 100 that are currently economically mineable. Step 2 will be building the rig. Step 3 will be using our common knowledge to mine, maintain the machine, swap out or upgrade parts when necessary, and rebalance the mining portfolio.

Let's begin with naming 10 or so candidate currencies that can be mined using a mid- to high-end CPU/GPU machine and go from there.

Reactions: AdrianX

marcus

Mar 3, 2017
I am interested in mining dash, zcash, eth. I got a couple vid cards sitting here and the rig has turned into a dev/testing rig...

So, haven't mined yet.

Reactions: Bloomie

Members online