Testnet faucet for Bitcoin Cash

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@freetrader can you add some more info on the Cash Test net.

BitGo were saying they're delaying BCC withdrawal one reason give was no test net.

Also it would be good to add a mining tips And a donation address (for test net coins)

I've seen many people with GPU's ask how to mine BCC and maybe if they're committed to mine they could mine test net Colin And even donate them

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@AdrianX :

Before the fork, Bitcoin ABC conducted several forks of testnet3 where interested parties were able to run tests. Those developers contacted us prior to the fork, and we worked together well.
The results are reflected in companies and organizations who were able to offer timely support for Bitcoin Cash.
Other companies chose to ignore the upcoming fork, and did not bother to contact us. Some are seemingly unaware that there is a testnet despite us spreading this info on a variety of channels. Needless to say, these companies were not ready when the fork came, and still have some catching up to do.

I'll forward your suggestion about a donation address on to the person implementing the faucet site.

With the recent price rise in Bitcoin, there seems to be a promotion campaign targeted at selling GPUs to people under the misconception that these can be used for mining actual Bitcoin / Bitcoin Cash.
Where we see this happening, we should present the facts (Bitcoin mining - even Cash - is not economical without ASICs nowadays).

The Bitcoin Cash testnet can be accessed by running Bitcoin ABC with the `-testnet` option.
If already synced on testnet past August 1 using a non-Cash client, the easiest is to perform a `-reindex` in conjunction with `-testnet`. Your ABC client should be able to find a list of testnet peers automatically using the DNS seeds. If not, I suggest people chat to us on BTCfork chat to determine how to resolve problems getting on to the testnet. We have a #testing and #abc-support channel on there which are well suited to this.

The Bitcoin Cash testnet can currently be mined with CPU / GPU, but this is not guaranteed to last.

Reactions: Bloomie and AdrianX

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Thanks, you've done amazing work this has evolved way better than I could have imagined. I'm glad my suggestions to move away from SHA256 were ignored. This thing is going to fly because of it. :)