Spread the Word

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
If you run a Bitcoin-related blog or site, mailing list, social network group or IRC channel, please spread the word about the new forum. With all the censorship issues raging in other communities, our primary goal is 1) to prevent the Bitcoin community from fragmenting by allowing all civilized discussion on this site and 2) to recognize BitcoinXT as a viable fork.

Edit: Please use the anchor phrase Bitcoin Forum when linking to us. By using the anchor phrase we're helping Google to associate the URL with the phrase and bring more people who are looking for "bitcoin forum" over here.

Spread the word!

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
i can't get over the improved functionality of this site. esp the mobile rendering. it makes it so much easier and faster to post my on the fly ideas.

humanitee

Sep 7, 2015
Indeed cypherdoc. I wonder how many millions this forum cost? It looks like at least three million if I had to guess.

;)

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
Yay. Many familiar names from BCT.

New forums are springing up like mushrooms in the rain.
I just visited forum.bitcoin.com (domain owned by Roger Ver)

Interesting to see which one gains most traction.

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
Hey Bloomie,

if you want us to be more active you should also be more active.

I think you - as an admin - should invite a some of the well-known Bitcoiners (Gavin Andresen, Mike Hearn, Jeff Garzik, Andreas Antonopolous, Brian Armstrong, C. & T. Winklevoss, etc.) to join this forum.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
I am doing a lot of work behind the scenes and have already invited both Gavin and Mike, but the truth is busy people often don't have time for forums. Also, a lot of people feel burned by bitcointalk and want to stay away from forums for the time being. That's fine.

Roger did attract a few people this week, but it's mostly newbies or spammers trying to drop a free link. The conversation there is so low quality that I'm not concerned. It is disturbing though that they're pretending to be a community site when their only goal is to push their main site that's just going to shove sponsored wallets down the throats of unsuspecting newbies.

We are growing slowly but surely, and the quality of conversation we have is second to none in the Bitcoin community. Our membership is also unbelievably intelligent--compare our discussions to people posting circle jerking gifs and all the inane stuff on other sites.

Ivanhoe

Aug 28, 2015
Amsterdam
I prefer quality above quantity, and i think the quality of this forum is really high. There is a lot of intelligent conversation around here.

Reactions: Windowly

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
I prefer quality above quantity, and i think the quality of this forum is really high. There is a lot of intelligent conversation around here.
I also prefer quality above quantity, but I think there are a lot of smart people who could join and make this forum more active.

By the way: I changed the 'Website' in my bitcointalk profile so it links to this forum.

Reactions: Bloomie

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@Fiat_Hodler unfortunately this forum use the some tech BCT is using. So even if @Bloomie assure you that he won't never delete a post or ban accounts you can't be sure (we are human after all). to make a long story short it's a matter of trust.

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
I hope this wont become an echo chamber for fork supporters and that all sides of the current (and future) conflict(s) could discuss freely here. Discussion is of high quality, but I think viewpoints are still too limited.

We need more small blockists to join discussions here. They could be right that bitcoin can't scale safely. (but I haven't been convinced just yet) What I mean to say is that most people on the other side of the debate aren't malicious or stupid, but simply have different fears and priorities.