My node appears to have dropped off of Bitnodes...

_mr_e

Aug 28, 2015
My previously visible node seems to have disappeared off Bitnodes. My client is running, connected & up to date however i appear to be stuck at 8 connections. This hasn't changed any time I've looked at it. Any ideas?

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Did you sleep or hibernate your machine? Do you explicitly open port 8333 on your router?

_mr_e

Aug 28, 2015
neither of those. machine is on, I've never opened any port, I do however have uPnP=1. It was working fine for a few days. Going to try restarting the node.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
My CISCO home router was unreliable using uPNP. It would work for a few days and then fail. I had to power cycle the router. I figured it was because I was running other instances which would "fight" over the port... but maybe its a uPNP bug or timeout.

You could try port forwarding. Its pretty easy if you can log into your router. To be sure it works, you need to both assign an explicit IP address for your compter in the DHCP configuration (you basically tell it "whenever you see this MAC address (which you can find in the settings on your computer), assign this IP". And then you forward port 8333 to the IP you picked.