Mark and copy (UNIX-style)

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Hi,

one thing that annoys me about this otherwise very nice forum is that I am not able to mark a couple lines of text in another post and then middle-click my mouse button to paste it into a reply. That works on reddit, for example, and it also worked on bitcointalk - but it doesn't seem to work here. It would be great if that could be fixed.
Cheers!

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
We do have this feature. Not sure about the middle-click, but you can press 'Quote' after making your selection. This should work for all posts except the first and the last post of a thread.

Screenshot:

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
Is that Quote button supposed to show up automatically at about the point of the quote? For me, it doesn't. Tested on my version of firefox & chrome.

Having such a button would at least remind me that normal quote does not work - I can do a ctrl-C/ctrl-P everywhere, but I am very used to the unix way of doing this with just marking the text and an automatic copy that I can drop with the mouse middle button.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Yes, it shows up automatically when you let go of the left mouse button (in Windows). I just tested it in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.