Link from Bitcoin.org

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Thanks for the pull request! Could you correct the name to Bitcoin Forum instead of just the domain?

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Thanks @bitsko. Not sure what harding means. The entire contents of bitcoin.org is released under the MIT license, for anyone to republish with or without modifications. I'll sign up at GitHub to address his comment.

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@chmod755, thank you for your help, but please be careful with your choice of words. We are not aware of any criminal proceedings against cypherdoc. There is a civil claim related to the Hashfast bankruptcy, as I just learned over the weekend, but that's very different from "criminal."

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
You need to read the document then. Don't accuse people of crimes just because you don't understand what a legal term means.

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
I get the feeling that this will be a hard fought link, whether or not Harda's input on who gets to mod on this site is taken or not... Harda seemed to have a magic box full of reasons why the link would not be allowed. And just as theymos considers his censorship of the debate to be time-critical, it seems Harda has the same inclination with a 3 month delay.

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
I didn't accuse anyone of crimes. All I said was: if there is a criminal complaint against someone he/she shouldn't be a moderator until the case is settled.
My understanding is that it is a civil complaint.

Lawsuits and other legal proceedings like this are very common and in no way imply guilt (IMO they often imply that the plaintiff [rather than the defendant] is guilty or hiding something or just being a dick). From my experience, they are usually done for either (1) some political / optics reason, or (2) to tie up a person temporarily to prevent them from making progress with some goal competitive with the plaintiff.

This happens in high-tech all the time and I hate it.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
@Peter R

New Liberty, an attorney, lays out how it works:

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
A link from bitcoinxt.software would actually be great. Thanks for the heads up.