Is Bitcoin in a gridlock?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Wow someone is feeling vulnerable!
Big ego there.

It's not about GMaxwell pet development project it's about keeping Bitcoin The Value Exchange Protocol stable. Not Bitcoin Core.

I wish he'd come over here correct my misunderstanding - apparently my ideas amone others are so dangerous they need to be censored because the likes of GMaxwell and his shills don't seem capable of debating them.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
Cargo cult status? The gridlock is of course a matter of semantics, so it could be interpreted in various ways depending on whether one sees a blocksize cap increase as urgent or not. If, as Gregory Maxwell thinks, it is not yet urgent, then Core's lack of action on the matter cannot be seen as a gridlock. If, as many of us think, it is already urgent, Core's lack of action will be seen as gridlock.

The idea that Alex B believes those who think blocksize is an urgent matter to be insane just shows he has not understood the arguments of the larger block side of the debate. As I just showed, the idea of gridlock is a basic consequence of perspective. If he hasn't even understood that, his usage of such a term of opprobrium merely serves to indicate he has spent very little time considering opposing arguments. (Though it would be the same to call Core a cargo cult for saying there is no gridlock. There being no gridlock is a necessary consequence of their position that the change is not urgent.)

Thus, "bitco.in is a cargo cult" is just a fancy way of repeating the position that the blocksize increase is not urgent. Many small blockers seem endlessly amused by finding different ways to say essentially, "Nah-ah, you're wrong."

ladoga

Sep 17, 2015
It's implying that people who post here are waiting for something, which never happens. (a blocksize limit increase). Though I think that most of us are here to decentralize control over Bitcoin related discussion or simply to have a freedom of expression.

PS. To be fair (to cargo cultists), I think that most religions wait for improbable to happen. Is it sane to perform rituals and expect some guy who allegedly died 2000 years ago to descent from heavens? I don't know, but you'll be far more likely to see an airplane descending. (even in Papua New Guinea)

Last edited:
Reactions: bitsko and Bloomie