I, Aquent, Resign From Secretary Position

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
I never wanted to be a secretary in the first place or in any way have any sort of formal position. I just saw the bitcoin unlimited website, at the beginning of 2016, and it looked terrible so I thought I can sort it out in about a day or two. It so happened to take longer, but many helped, including @Graphics, and trevinhoffman, but @theZerg demanded that I dox myself for my coding work to be included on the website, so I did, because I valued improving the site above any privacy and believed in the project so went on to work for it to become known... as it sort of did.

Now the project has received half a million dollars and the other two officers - thezerg and solex - seem to me to be obfuscating as shown by their attempts to rigidly apply certain rules - such as the BU articles which, when I uploaded them to the website, I felt were utter nonsense and just a filler at a barely inception stage, not least because they had no review from any lawyer.

I have no care, however, to engage semantics. I find that worthy of admins. Thus I open the position to whoever wishes.

Reactions: AdrianX

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
I never wanted to be a secretary in the first place or in any way have any sort of formal position. I just saw the bitcoin unlimited website, at the beginning of 2016, and it looked terrible so I thought I can sort it out in about a day or two. It so happened to take longer, but many helped, including @Graphics, and trevinhoffman, but @theZerg demanded that I dox myself for my coding work to be included on the website, so I did, because I valued improving the site above any privacy and believed in the project so went on to work for it to become known... as it sort of did.

Now the project has received half a million dollars and the other two officers - thezerg and solex - seem to me to be obfuscating as shown by their attempts to rigidly apply certain rules - such as the BU articles which, when I uploaded them to the website, I felt were utter nonsense and just a filler at a barely inception stage, not least because they had no review from any lawyer.

I have no care, however, to engage semantics. I find that worthy of admins. Thus I open the position to whoever wishes.
@Aquent.
I want to thank you for your service to BU. You stepped forward for the position of Secretary when no one else did, and helped launch the organization. The road ahead is long, and may end in success or failure, we don't know which, but we know you played your part when help was needed.

Our Articles of Federation may be flawed, but I suspect that there is no organizational charter in the world which is perfect. We are going to make every attempt to follow our Articles now and in the future.

I will announce the upcoming election for post of Secretary in the near future. At present your resignation is accepted and the post is now vacant.