How to not lost BCC using 'regular' bitcoind?

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
No - if you send BTC with a normal bitcoind that is on the old Bitcoin chain, the recipient cannot get the BCC .

This applies only after August 1, once the currency has split.

If you send bitcoins to someone else BEFORE the fork, of course they will get (BTC+BCC) .

Welcome to the forum, @taler !

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@lunar : no, I don't know whether bitcoinj wallets behave in same way, I haven't used them. Maybe someone else can confirm.

All I can say about other wallets is that people should read up on the documentation provided by their vendors, and that it's not possible for a wallet to send only BCC before the fork happens (because the Bitcoin Cash blockchain only starts its own life from the point of the fork).

Reactions: lunar

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@taler : Since we are post-fork, and you used normal Bitcoin client, your transaction is now on legacy Bitcoin chain (I think this is what you wanted).

I presume that you are also seeing it in unmodified Electrum (legacy Bitcoin).

Even if mined, you cannot spend any of those outputs on the Bitcoin Cash chain, since the transaction never happened there.

You should be able to spend the original input on Bitcoin Cash chain though, using a Bitcoin client and importing the private keys of those inputs.

taler

Jul 28, 2017
@freetrader I used BitcoinJ, They do not support BCC anyhow.

I use Elecron wallet for 100%

I am downloading BitcoinABC full node to check it there, but it will take few more hours to sync.

Is it possible, that my transaction get somehow to servers which supports BCC and they think that this is normal BCC transaction?

Last edited: