How to export my BCC from old BTC wallet?

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
i have an old wallet with 2 btc, i can't remember how much was in it right before august 1st, i believe it was about 1.1 btc

how can i export my 1.2 bcc from my 2 btc wallet

let me get this straight, i was reading online and this is how to do it?

1. send all my btc wallet(A) to a new btc wallet(B)

so now, btc wallet(A) balance = 0, new btc wallet(B) = 2

2. take wallet(A) balance 0, and export the private keys

3. import the private keys from wallet(B) balance 0, into electoncash

and that's it! electron cash will automatically know i had 1.2 bitcoin cash

is it that simple?

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
for bitcoin core, i am using the bitcoin core application

for bitcoin cash i am using the electroncash application

for bitcoin gold i am using the bitcoin gold core application

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
If you are using a full node implementation you can just send it from the Core wallet to another one, then install BU CASH sync and open the same wallet in BU Cash then send the BCH. and finally do the same for the BTG wallet.

That way is all rather taxing on all the bitcoin networks and takes days to download not a very effective use of time or data downloading for just 3 transactions.

The best solution is to use an SPV wallet, you don't need to download the blockchain for each split but you just need to get your private key from your Core wallet. (you Core client can even be off line)

Here is a tutorial to extract a private key from Core (same private key for BTC, BCH and BTG) so sweep it in order of most valuable first. https://github.com/OmniLayer/omniwallet/wiki/Exporting-a-private-key-from-Bitcoin-Qt---Bitcoin-Core-and-importing-to-Omniwallet.org (I wouldn't install the wallet in the tutorial, if you have an offline QR generator you can make a QR of the private key and just use the scan or sweep function in the wallets below.

If you are on android you can use the Coinomi wallet it supports BTC, BCH and BTG, or bitcoin.com wallet for BCH and BTC on iOS. the coinomi wallet has a built in converter if you want to re-balance between those three splits. I use both wallets they work well.

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
i am still confused,

what do you mean send it from core wallet to another, send what
what is BU CASH sync

i have all 3 wallets ready on my desktops, bitcoin core, bitcoin abc, and bitcoin gold

what i am confused about is, am i supposed to send by btc bitcoins to a new btc wallet

and use the empty wallet to export the bitcoin cash from it?

why do i have to send my btc to a new wallet, why cant i just use the wallet wit the btc on them

if i send the btc to a new wallet, wont the bch be gone from that wallet?
[doublepost=1513957293][/doublepost]from the link you sent me,

all i have to do is get the private key from each address in my btc wallet

then import that private key into electroncash or any wallet, and boom my bch bitcoins will appear?

but why do i have to send my btc to another wallet first, this part i am confused
what happens if i don't send my btc to another wallet

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@bitbee99 I understand you use Bitcoin Core. Bitcoin Core uses a wallet.dat file to store and manage your private keys. A key with BTC per August 1 represents the same tokens on the same key on different networks it represents BTC, BCH and BTG.

Bitcoin Core, BU-cash and Bitcoin Gold Core can all read your wallet.dat file and send from the private key. (the clients above are all full node implementations)

There have been reports of developers who created the BTG wallets, steeling the coins stored on the same keys used on the other chains, so I don't trust BTG much at all.

You as a user who is not responsible for securing close to 0.3 Trillion dollars you don't need to run a full node. Running a node that is not mining is just taxing the network using bandwidth that ultimately slows down the network.

I don't recommend you run a full node, and I defiantly don't recommend using the default wallet attached to a full node. It is less secure than an offline wallet and less secure than well secure SPV wallet on your phone.
___

if you are paranoid about security as I am, I recommend you back up your wallet.dat file (never discard your wallet.dat ), I can not read code so I can't see what the code does. I just use cold storage with keys generated form a source I can trust.

So if you relate to my position, you don't need to download about 140,000MB on each chain to make a single transaction . (this is extremely inefficient despite what the Core developers tell you) if you don't want to download all 3 block chains then use the link above to extract your keys off line.

otherwise download all 3 blockchains it's conceptually simple but you will be taxing each network by doing so making each one less effective - a nothing problem at this scale you just need to take the time to do it.)
___

You should abandon using the wallet.dat file after you have opened it in the Bitcoin Gold Core, you don't want any BTC there that can be stolen by the BTG client. Any one of the 3 developer teams could have put code in there to send your private key to a third party. And unless you can check the code you will never know. (I trust Core and BUcash because it is used and written by many trusted people, - I cant trust BTG)
___

So if you are going to be prudent you need to abandon your old wallet for a new one. If you don't mind being robbed or taking an elevated risk of being robbed by broadcasting your nodes IP address 24/7 effectively saying "hack me I'm a bitcoin user" just keep using the same wallet on a full node.
___

TL;DR send your BTC, BCH and BTG to a new wallet. (archive your old wallet)

I have all 3 wallets ready on my desktops, bitcoin core, bitcoin abc, and bitcoin gold
best to use an SPV or offline wallet but it's OK to use a full node.

what i am confused about is, am i supposed to send by btc bitcoins to a new btc wallet
Yes, for reasons explained above your old BTC Core wallet could be compromised if you open it using bitcoin core gold.

however if you just extract the single key you can import it into each wallet, just move the BTC to a new address if you want to use full node software, then you dont need to use a new wallet because the all the other keys are still secure. you can import a new key into BCH and BTG node wallets using this method: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-qt

I've done all the above to extract keys securely and can say the fastest secure and most simple way is to use a SPV wallet like coinomi, keep your private keys secure and off-line, and sweep the key using coinomi. I then sent the coins I you want to save back to my cold storage on new keys.

if i send the btc to a new wallet, wont the bch be gone from that wallet?
No. neither the BTG they both have what is known as replay protection.

from the link you sent me,

all i have to do is get the private key from each address in my btc wallet

then import that private key into electroncash or any wallet, and boom my bch bitcoins will appear?
Boom it just appears like that it's amazing.

but why do i have to send my btc to another wallet first, this part i am confused
what happens if i don't send my btc to another wallet
nothing happens, but I can't be sure unless you audit all the code. its just multiple programs have seen the private key, while I trust Electron Cash, the developers of the Electrum Gold and other wallets were not so honest, they secretly stole private keys and the BTC stored on those keys, if you moved the BTC first, then the BCH neither can be stolen.

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
thank you so much! you are always so much helpful here,

i will try to export my bch this weekend,

i am planning on selling 90% of my btc and bch

ive had enough my old heart cant take the ups and downs and anymore

ive made my thousands but now its time for me to move on!

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@bitbee99 best of luck, I don't blame you, but I do agree never sell everything, always keep a little you never know what can happen. (i've regretted selling but never saving.)

I think the BCH has a lot of potential, I think $ for $ you should consider saving more BCH i think it has more growth potential than BTC but that's up to you there are no guarantees.

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
i did it! it was easier than i thought

i just imported my private keys and i could see how much i had in them!

i have about 1.9 bch! im rich!

does that electron cash have my private keys stored in their program now? the ones that is swept?

what can i buy with bch, i want to spend it all
is there any online stores that accept bch,
gift cards would be great

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
yes! i am aware of hodling, but i need a new things now,

i cant wait forever, plus its free money!! spend spend spend!!

Last edited: