How much would you pay per month to run a full node?

How much would you pay per month to run a full node in a datacenter? (only answer if really would)

• $2.5 or less per month

• $5 per month

• $7.5 per month

• $10 per month

• $15 per month

• $20 per month

• $25 per month

• $30 or more per month

Results are only viewable after voting.

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
The question really should be: how do get the network to pay people to run full nodes?

Justus Ranvier

Aug 28, 2015
The question really should be: how do get the network to pay people to run full nodes?
That's one of those questions that someone could waste a lot of time trying to answer without first stopping to make sure it's even a question that should be answered at all.

First you need to make sure that people really do need to be paid to run full nodes at all.
Then you need to make sure that it's actually the network that should be paying them.

Once those two things have been proved, then it's worth trying to figure out how to do it that way.

Reactions: majamalu

79b79aa8

Sep 22, 2015
Well, what are your current thoughts on the matter? I do remember a discussion on your blog & on the old thread about this.

I am about to finally max my HD so I'll finally have to pay something specifically in order to keep the node running (blockchain currently taking up about 68 GB). I'll still do it locally, not in a datacenter, and it really won't cost much. This is not an issue for now.

Last edited:

Justus Ranvier

Aug 28, 2015
The general principle is: people who need access to the full blockchain should pay those who have it.

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I'm not interested in running a node on a data center, but I would like to see the results, (maybe add a new option for those who don't vote to use data centers.)