Help with fleshing out the site's content

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
I am looking to give the front page of this site a facelift and put up 10-15 pages with general Bitcoin information - something for newbies, something for investors, entrepreneurs, developers, etc. The site would serve a function similar to Bitcoin.org, but since the people who run that site are being pissy about having their content copied (even though they released it under the MIT License), it needs to be original content.

It would be great to have volunteers cook something up, but I'd also be willing to pay for well-written, original pages. Let me know if you want to help.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I STRONGLY recommend that you give a big f*ck you to their being "pissy". In FOSS, people constantly try to garner the benefits of open development and then control the use of the product. Doing this sh*ts on everyone else who helped create or promote that material and so any attempts to do this need to be strenuously denied. So you should fork whatever content you need.

At the same time, having some unique front-page material would be very valuable and I will help in whatever way you think, provided that your material is also going to be MIT licensed (or equivalent). Just post a topic or content outline & I will see if I have that knowledge.

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
You could also go more of a Nakamoto Institute route of having original essays on the front page as well, but that might make the site seem biased.

If you just want standard information that isn't controversial, like @theZerg suggested why reinvent the wheel?

Reactions: Peter R