GPU wallet/core - yes it would be really, really, really fast

jl777

Feb 26, 2016
if you want really fast speed, you can make a CUDA/OpenSSL version of iguana and use a dedicated core per bundle, among other optimizations.

With most all the data being read only, the biggest challenge of GPU coding (out of sync data between cores) is already solved.

It might take a few GPU cards to store all the dataset, but then all RPC, even ones that need to scan the entire blockchain happens in milliseconds

using the CPU for the latest bundle can create a system that keeps up with new blocks.

Who said there was a scaling problem with bitcoin?

James

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@jl777

your talking about leveraging graphic devices to validate txs, scanning the block chain data, etc. etc. right?

jl777

Feb 26, 2016
I am talking about stuffing the entire iguana dataset of 200 parallel files into N GPU's
Then make the bitcoin RPC layer query all of them in parallel along with the main CPU process for the current blocks.

So this would be after the dataset is created. The need to scan 200 bundles takes on the order of a millisecond, which in some cases is too slow. Using 8 cores you can get it to 100 microseconds, but that still might be too slow in some cases.

Using a multi-GPU setup, the overhead to start a new task will dominate the time, but using a pipeline of tasks to get the throughput maximized, I think time per RPC can get to the order of 10 microseconds or even 1 microsecond.

Basically the entire blockchain becomes a paralleldataflow piece of hardware. And by "per RPC", I mean RPC like listunspent for any address, even multisig

Since normal iguana on a decent hardware will be plenty fast, there is no need for the above, but I like to always have some ideas ready made to make things faster, smaller, more secure, etc

Reactions: grewalsatinder

Chronos

Mar 6, 2016
www.youtube.com
From what I can tell, the general goal of scaling purists is to allow the average consumer the ability to run a full node at home.

It might take a few GPU cards to store all the dataset
Since the average person don't own "a few" GPU cards, an argument could be made that this isn't really an acceptable level of scaling.

I still think it's a pretty cool idea.

jl777

Feb 26, 2016
then 2.5 millisecond performance must be accepted for importprivkey and listunspents

as that is what the iguana is getting on low end laptop. the codebase is portable C and as such it can exist in many different hardware configs, from no hardware at all in a virtualized JS sandbox, to multi-GPU

jl777

Feb 26, 2016
it really isnt doing anything with importprivkey as all addresses are in the dataset, but yes the vanilla iguana is plenty fast

Reactions: RobertBold

jhon14

May 18, 2017
Thank you jl777 !
when you say: "and use a dedicated core per bundle, among other optimizations.", what other optimizations you mean?

donald26

Feb 2, 2024
HOW YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR LOST CRYPTO/FUNDS: Lost hope in a crypto scam? I got my $394,330 back! I invested $430,000 in a bogus crypto site. Big returns promised, withdrawals blocked, extra fees demanded – it was a nightmare. Feeling trapped, I even considered the unthinkable. My family helped me through it, and my niece suggested HACKERSTEVE911. They'd helped her with grades, but I'd never thought of them for this. I contacted them, expecting little. But within four days, they recovered $394,330 back to my wallet! My hope, my life, was back. If you're in a similar situation, don't lose hope. Contact them on hackersteve911@gmail.com

Shahadatkhan00

Jan 28, 2024
Are you ready to be part of history? Stake $UP on TonTogether's #TonUp Launchpad and be a pioneer in the decentralized finance movement. By securing your share of the 100M $TOT tokens, you're not only investing in yourself but also in a financial system that values autonomy, privacy, and fair distribution. Join the movement now: https://go.tonup.io/GldKvG #TogetherTON #Tot #TON #web3 #Crypto

Cd19221

Jan 23, 2024
Buying cryptocurrency and holding is old news. With copy trading, you can profit from the experience of seasoned traders by copying their moves. Learn the ropes of the market without the stress of making every decision yourself. Click and start copying their trades to earn profits. Interested to know more? Comment below and let's discuss. Remember, investing in cryptocurrencies carries risks, which is why it's always important to do your own research and consult with a financial advisor if needed. C d 1 9 2 2 1 @ g m a i l . c o m