Do stablecoins need to be regulated?

JAck745

Banned
Jul 20, 2021
While cryptocurrencies technically are superior financial assets than traditional assets, they suffer serious volatility issues. This is mainly because cryptocurrencies, in general, don’t rely on any underlying assets. Additionally, while altcoins have mainly found their way of valuing their network, most cryptocurrencies have not. Other than that, due to their decentralized nature, many countries resist the advent of cryptocurrencies. However, there is another type of cryptocurrency known as stablecoins. For example:

- Tether
- USD coin
- DAI
- TrueUSD etc.

These types of digital assets align in-between cryptocurrencies and traditional assets, employing both characteristics.

What do you tink, are there any risks in stablecoins?

Lucky_carp

Oct 18, 2021
There are risks, although they are relatively small. I think that regulation of exactly sablecoins is definitely necessary.

Oister

Banned
Jun 28, 2019
Why do you think stablecoins have to be regulated? These are the only coins that won't change its rate anyhow as they're backed by something like US dollar or DAI or something else. I'm afraid of crypto regulation on the whole as I prefer to remain untouchable.