Copying with quote

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
Pretty strong feelings there. The quoting mechanism works fine. You're the first person to report that pressing Quote does not result in text being copied. Start a thread in the right subforum if this is an actual issue.

The quote button only copies the new text on a post, not the quoting on that post.

There is no quote button on the currently last post in a thread.

Reactions: Dusty

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Two separate issues here.

The quote button in the last post is absent by design. The assumption is that people respond to the most recent poster, unless specified otherwise. If you still want to stress that you're responding to the last person, you can tag him with @. If you need to address individual points in the last post, copy the text and use the Quote feature located under the + button in the toolbar.

Nested quotes are not supported on the platform level, which I consider a blessing because it keeps discussions readable, especially for mobile users. I agree that it takes getting used to if you're used to older forum packages.

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I've frequently been frustrated by the difficulty in quoting an extract of the last post when replying.

Overall, I don't like that design decision.

Reactions: Dusty and YarkoL

Dusty

Mar 14, 2016
The title sums it up: the "quote" button does not appear on the latest post of the thread so if I have to do it by hand.

Even when selecting some text of the post the "quote" popup button does not appear.

go1111111

Can this please be fixed? In the current last post of the 'gold collapsing...' megathread, Peter R has written a long post in response to me, and I want to respond to his post. However, since his post is long, I want to be able to quote parts of it.

Reactions: Dusty

Dusty

Mar 14, 2016
This works fine, but it would be so handy to be able to use the "Reply" button as with all the other posts...

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Yeah, it technically works, but it's just more cumbersome.
I used to actually write it out :) this is less cumbersome, white I do find cumbersome though is convincing people that 1,000,000 bytes in a block is just as safe as 1,000,023 bytes in a block. and it is safe to go higher because miners don't want to make a block that will be orphaned.