(closed, passed) BUIP003: Andrew Quentson (Aquent) for Secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
BUIP003

As you all know I have been a vocal supporter of bigger blocks since Gavin started his blog post series with many of my comments on reddit highly voted, some to triple digits, because I see the wisdom in Satoshi's vision.

Bitcoin Unlimited is the most intuitive, clear, common sense approach to the blocksize debate as it decentralises the decision to peers, thus allowing for an emerging consensus to form. As such, I fully support BU and all the principles it stands for.

That is why I re-designed the website with the particular help of @Graphics and very helpful detailed feedback from @Peter_R @Zangelbert Bingledack and others: http://aquentus.github.io/BitcoinUnlimitedWeb/bitcoinUnlimited/index.html

As we can all imagine @theZerg is now extremely busy so he wanted me to show commitment to the project by running for Secretary before merging the website so that I could maintain the website and contribute in other duties. I had to think hard about whether I wished to take on this public position. After some consideration I have decided to announce my candidacy so that I can fully support the project in it's nascent stage and bring our vision to life.

As such, in line with our constitution, I announce that I, Andrew Quentson, will run for the position of Secretary. My background in law is somewhat unusual and I believe beneficial to the position, but I have always had an interest in tech and design and have kept up codding as a hobby. I became interested in bitcoin in 2011, but did not become fully involved until 2014, some 2 years ago, when I announced mtgox had 200k bitcoins they were not at the time telling us about: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z37zw/mt_gox_has_at_least_200k_btc

With a background in law I think I am fully suitable for the position of secretary as I can use my skills to set up a fair procedure, clear communication and effective persuasion. The additional skills of coding and web design will further allow me to maintain and develop the website so that it becomes a fully fledged community portal with wide contribution from all members.

Whether I win the position or not I wish to conclude by saying that it has been a great pleasure and privilege to get to know you all and I hope this community and the relationships between us only strengthen further for the benefit of us all and the world.

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
I should think so and probably certainly once we launch the sign in members section.

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Note: I edited the title of this posting to clearly specify the BUIP number and who is running

Windowly

Dec 10, 2015
Will you still be running if Jeff or Gavin don't get involved with us? I hope you do. . . I was just wondering.

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
Yes. I'd be disappointing if Gavin or Jeff did not get involved with code review and testing as that would show they have some God complex and care less to give the community their expertise, but it isn't about names.

I want to persuade as many developers as possible to join us, whoever they are, so that they can carry out testings, reviews, code stuff etc. The more the merrier :)

Reactions: Windowly

JVWVU

Oct 10, 2015
I strongly oppose Aquent for Secretary or any position that would be a voice. He has done a very good job on website and coding I have seen multiple posts attacking users including here. We need thoughtful reasonable debaters promoting BU while we build, not someone who has came off at times like BTCDrak would elsewhere.

awemany

Aug 19, 2015
On a different note: Wouldn't it be better to have a general 'Secretary election BUIP' and then have all the applicants list themselves, maybe with a short intro below it until the deadline for voting? Should I write a BUIP for this? :)

I think it tends to create chaos if everyone creates his/her own BUIP for proposing for him/herself to be elected.

I was away for a few couple days and the forum feels like it exploded with activity since then. It would be nice if we could try to organize stuff for BU into lower bandwidth channels. I feel I am already close to my natural blocksize limit following all the new stuff, so to speak...

Maybe @theZerg as our benevolent dictator still can chime in.

Reactions: solex and Bloomie

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
VOTING IS OPEN. Andrew Quentson is running unopposed, so vote YES if you want him to assume the role of secretary and NO if you want no secretary. In the NO case the job defaults to me, your benevolent dictator. I will continue for a few more months and then open the position up again.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
YES (aquent for secretary)

Edit: sig info

15TiujYmnHa33fjEnasBBm1eWcGx9YEXPL

IK1djdFw4y1HeodPLyoA2mJCe8ln/yCU5lB51nNCyarYQLIbWvO05qyPK41JlhKt8hS3sE/4cS0ke361dJEuV+E=

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
YES for secretary

i wouldn't want Andrew Stone stealing this away from you ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.