Classic Branding

TinoDesigns

Jan 15, 2016
I like the idea but I don't like the kind of "politics" putting other parties down. The community should decide based on facts not based on campaigns and opinions.

Still creating this would be cool. It just shouldn't be part of the actual classic dev team and representation. Mor like something a user made up for fun.

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
@TinoDesigns

The goal behind such a graphic would be help people recognize that upgrading to "New Core" (V0.12)--at least from a functional perspective--is a greater change than upgrading to "Classic." Although "Classic" comes out of different Github repo, it represents the classical vision for Bitcoin, whereas with "New Core" you get the historical repo but with a significantly different vision (higher fees, settlement layer only, easier double spending, etc.)

Last edited:

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
This is really awesome! I think it's perfect just how it is. (Haha I didn't clue in to the Blockstream logo until someone mentioned it on Reddit...subtle is good).
[doublepost=1453516425][/doublepost]bitcoinclassic
No artificial colors or fee markets

Reactions: bitsko

molecular

Aug 31, 2015
Let me know any suggestions for alterations or slogans, I think its pretty subtle.
I love it. Awesome work!

Just one thing that "caught my eye": The size difference is huge, both in terms of optics (subjectively to me at least the classic can looks overly clunky) and realism: 2 x the height and 2 x the radius results in 8 x the volume.

Height (and radius) of classic can should be 26% more than (1.26 times) that of core can. I'm not sure that would be optically more pleasing, too, but my intuition is that it would.

I understand that would require rearranging the whole setup and might even make it "not work out", though. So I can understand if you leave it as is ;)