BUIP153 Review - November 2020

singularity

Aug 17, 2016
BUIP153 Review - November 2020

Overview
This document is a review of the work completed and related results with regards to the execution of BUIP153 in the previous month of November 2020. This is also an attempt to follow the guidelines set out in this proposal by emergent_reasons.

BUIP153: BU Blockparty - Let's Get Building On Bitcoin Cash has the general goals of pulling more developers into building BCH-based projects and to create lots of buzz and marketing material for BCH.

The deliverables from this BUIP are as follows:

Website
  • Website design.
  • Website implementation.
  • Website domain.
  • Website hosting.

Branded graphic assets
  • Official event logo provided in all required formats.
  • Graphic designs for use on social media.
  • Graphics for ads.
Branded video assets
  • Video intro animation.
  • Video lower thirds toolkit.
  • Video outro animation.
  • Livestream waiting animation.
Video content
  • 3 items of video content generated by each team hosted on the BU youtube channel.
  • 8 hours of interview/livestream content hosted on the BU youtube channel.
Written content
  • 3 articles generated by each team.
  • 1 article announcing the event.
  • 1 article announcing the judges of the event.
  • 1 article announcing the teams entering the event and their projects.
  • 1 article summarising the progress being made by each team.
  • 1 article summarising the final entries of each team.
  • 1 article announcing the winners of the event.
  • 1 article as a wrap up and request for feedback on the event.
Social accounts
  • Official BU Blockparty Telegram group.
  • Official BU Blockparty Twitter account.
Results
Website
All phases of the website, including the homepage, and blog have been developed and implemented at https://coinparty.org

We have also added the updated information on the website to include the extra prize pool and bounties thanks to the successful flipstarter.

Branded graphic assets
All branded graphic assets have been created including the logo, brand styling, and various graphics for social media. New assets have been created as needed for social media, content, ads and the flipstarter campaign.

Branded video assets
All branded video assets have been created including the motion graphics for social media. New assets have been created as needed for social media, content, ads and the flipstarter campaign.

A branded intro and outro video has also been created to be used on all video content created for the event.

You can find some examples of this work below.

Video content
Each of the judges and mentors have recorded a short video, which will be used into the opening ceremony video.

Written content
There have been a number of pieces of content published for the hackathon. These are listed below.

https://coinparty.org/blog/coinparty-prize-bonanza
https://coinparty.org/blog/coinparty-community-kudos-token
https://coinparty.org/blog/coinparty2020-faq

Social accounts
The BU Twitter account has been kept very active to generate a buzz around CoinParty and any new content has been spread around to the main Bitcoin Cash communities.

Flipstarter
We successfully ran a flipstarter campaign for 52BCH. This can be found at https://flipstarter.coinparty.org. This means we can increase the prize pools as planned. Two extra bounties have also been created by imaginary_username and emergent_reasons.

This flipstarter campaign also received more pledges/contributions than any other before it. A total of 152 people contributed to it.

Ads
Ads have been run on reddit.com, with a certain amount of success. While it did generate a good number of sign ups, the quality of the sign ups is questionable. The rest of the funding allocated to ads has been diverted to promoting the hackathon on the platform devpost.com, where I expect to get a better ROI.

Ongoing Expectations
Website
We will be updating the website with the new schedule, and extra content on the blog.

Branded graphic assets
All the major branded assets have been created but any other assets will be generated as needed.

Video content
If there is time, I will be looking for people to create some videos introducing people to various libraries or technologies for developing on Bitcoin Cash.

Written content
Some pieces of content will be released to help inform participants on what is happening with CoinParty and to generate engagement.

Social accounts
The BU social accounts will be used to promote the hackathon and pull in more participants.

Last edited:
Reactions: solex

donald26

Feb 2, 2024
HOW YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR LOST CRYPTO/FUNDS: Lost hope in a crypto scam? I got my $394,330 back! I invested $430,000 in a bogus crypto site. Big returns promised, withdrawals blocked, extra fees demanded – it was a nightmare. Feeling trapped, I even considered the unthinkable. My family helped me through it, and my niece suggested HACKERSTEVE911. They'd helped her with grades, but I'd never thought of them for this. I contacted them, expecting little. But within four days, they recovered $394,330 back to my wallet! My hope, my life, was back. If you're in a similar situation, don't lose hope. Contact them on hackersteve911@gmail.com