BUIP148 Review - October 2020

singularity

Aug 17, 2016
Overview
This document is a review of the work completed and related results with regards to the execution of BUIP148 in the previous month of October 2020. This is also an attempt to follow the guidelines set out in this proposal by emergent_reasons.

BUIP148 (Ecosystem Outreach & Marketing for BU & On-chain Scaling 2) had the general goal “To continue with more outreach and marketing initiatives building on the results from BUIP132”.

The deliverables from this BUIP are as follows:

Social Media Account Management
A continued active presence across multiple relevant social media platforms.

Video Content
Fortnightly pre-recorded and live-streamed videos including interviews, discussions and debates of BU leaders, members and guests. For a professional production quality a set of branded assets will be created including; an intro animation toolkit, outro animation, lower thirds animation toolkit.

Written Content
Content written to communicate key messages from Bitcoin Unlimited to the wider community.

Results
You can view some of the results from the Twitter management in the image below. Overall the results are ok. We were testing a less frequent posting schedule this month of roughly 1 post per day.

We have been building a community for Bitcoin Unlimited on Telegram with some success. People have been able to ask questions of BU developers directly, which has started to bridge the gap on keeping the BCH ecosystem informed on BU activities.

Facebook & LinkedIn accounts are also active but there is no heavy focus there as these channels are not particularly popular for the cryptocurrency community.

Video Content
With a few false starts and technical issues, we are now up and running producing one podcast per week (double the originally planned rate). The podcast have the BU branded intro, outro and other motion graphic elements. We released a total of 5 podcasts in October. These can be found on Bitcoin Unlimited’s youtube channel. These cover a wide range of topics relevant to BU and BCH.

The podcasts have been promoted across multiple channels including Twitter, Reddit, read.cash and Telegram.

Written Content
A number of pieces of content were released including:

https://read.cash/@Bitcoin-Unlimited/announcing-votepeer-from-bu-767d16a3
https://read.cash/@Bitcoin-Unlimited/bu-voting-session-15-20-september-2020-f44f68e8
https://read.cash/@Bitcoin-Unlimited/announcing-the-bitcoin-unlimited-explorer-5b2d1fac
https://read.cash/@Bitcoin-Unlimited/announcing-the-bu-mining-guarantee-on-bitcoin-cash-1cbf882d

This has communicated the key things happening with BU during this time, but based on feedback it would useful to regularly post a general update on the work done at BU.

Ongoing Expectations
In my opinion, a more frequent posting schedule will be more effective. This will be tested during November, which fits well with the scheduled BCH upgrade. We will also be testing a new strategy of engaging posts of crypto KOLs outside the BCH ecosystem.

Video Content
Podcasts take time to build momentum and a viewer base. So far the response has been very positive and we are listening to any critical feedback, the number of views has been low but this is to be expected for a new channel. We will be including the BU youtube channel in some upcoming CoinParty hackathon marketing campaigns, so this should help us build a larger subscriber base.

We are still working on finding the best visual format. One of the issues we have had to deal with is the poor quality of many people’s webcams and microphones. In future we will be giving guests more advice on properly lighting themselves, and ideally using a reasonable quality microphone.

There should be another 4 episodes of the podcast produced in November. We will also be looking at how and where to publish these in audio form to provide an extra avenue that people can consume the content.

Written Content
We will be accelerating our content schedule as we go into November. Previous content has focussed exclusively on BU, whereas we will also start to produce content that is useful for developers and users of BCH.

Based on the feedback we received we will also be doing regular summaries of work done by the various BU developers. The cadence of these updates will be every 1-2 months.

singularity

Aug 17, 2016
I apologise for the delay in getting this review out. My time was focussed on getting CoinParty and the associated Flipstarter campaign was announced and promoted on time. I aim to make the November review more timely.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Thanks for this comprehensive review @singularity. Ecosystem outreach work is never going to a single-shot activity. It is building incremental progress on many social media fronts simultaneously. My view is that BU's presence in the public domain has been taken to a new level, especially within the domain of Bitcoin Cash, which is the organization's; focus.

Reactions: singularity

donald26

Feb 2, 2024
HOW YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR LOST CRYPTO/FUNDS: Lost hope in a crypto scam? I got my $394,330 back! I invested $430,000 in a bogus crypto site. Big returns promised, withdrawals blocked, extra fees demanded – it was a nightmare. Feeling trapped, I even considered the unthinkable. My family helped me through it, and my niece suggested HACKERSTEVE911. They'd helped her with grades, but I'd never thought of them for this. I contacted them, expecting little. But within four days, they recovered $394,330 back to my wallet! My hope, my life, was back. If you're in a similar situation, don't lose hope. Contact them on hackersteve911@gmail.com