BUIP125: (passed) Remove Norway from membership

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
These "facts" of yours don't relate to this BUIP.

Please open your own thread and stop your off-topic, forum scrolling nonsense in this BUIP thread.

Reactions: solex

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@freetrader
I will include this BUIP in the upcoming vote, unless you decide otherwise,

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
Anonanarcho heroes comedy.
An anonymous account requests to ostracize a real person.

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
As a pseudonymous member I am just as much subject to the Articles of Federation as Norway.

The Articles provide for removal of members who contravene the rules. That's obviously a measure which isn't often needed, but it's there and is not "ostracizing", it's to keep the membership body healthy and protect the organization from those who act with bad intent towards the project.

The funny part is you, not being a member of BU (*) because you do not support its principles, come to this thread to complain about something which is a process of BU that its members subscribed to.

Do you always feel like prescribing to people how they should govern their affairs?

(*) unless "Zarathustra" is just a sockpuppet of your regular membership account

Reactions: solex

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
BU is about voluntary participation.

I'm glad that you made use of your right to exit when you realized it wasn't for you.

Zarathustra

Aug 28, 2015
(*) unless "Zarathustra" is just a sockpuppet of your regular membership account
Nobody knows. That's why elections by anonymous 'imaginary usernames' are a joke. Real persons like @Norway can be sybil attacked by cowards and their sockpuppets.

Under your real name, you would risk your reputation by attacking @Norway in such a cowardly and subterranean manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: torusJKL and bitsko

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
some are pushed out
This is a membership vote. Whoever is a member of BU, is supposed to have read the Articles and understood that they can be subjected to such a vote.

@AdrianX : read the above paragraph. If you can explain how my actions could warrant resignation, I encourage you to do so in a BUIP like this one.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
I respect your right to resign @freetrader that right is not granted or denied in the Articles. Your efforts dividing BCH into BCH ABC and BSV did not go unnoticed.

I'm more akin to follow the intent of the rules, not so much the letter of the law.

Reactions: bitsko

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Your efforts dividing BCH into BCH ABC and BSV did not go unnoticed.
Please raise another thread, I'd like you to document such efforts by way of proof, or be called a damn liar by myself on this forum for the rest of eternity.

I respect your right to resign @freetrader that right is not granted or denied in the Articles. Your efforts dividing BCH into BCH ABC and BSV did not go unnoticed.

I'm more akin to follow the intent of the rules, not so much the letter of the law.
I agree. If I was still a member of bu I would be much more concerned how to get freetrader out as Norway.

And no, freetrader, why don't you just stand by what you are doing? You are an anti bsv fanatic since the fork. Not a good attitude, but very common in this space. Why try to hide it?

Reactions: AdrianX

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Do I need to spell it out - you're welcome to raise a BUIP.

You were a member once, you should know that you don't have to be a member yourself to raise one, all you need is a sponsor.

You have the gall to call me "an anti BSV fanatic" when it's the SV corporate machine that has threatened war against Bitcoin Cash, threatened to re-organize the chain and double spend exchanges, bring trade to a halt on the network, sues open source developers and those who dispute that Craig Wright is Satoshi.

You people are ridiculous.

When you go to war against Bitcoin, at least don't be a bitch about it.

And after this brief detour into things that have nothing to do with why this BUIP was raised, we are now back to the topic.

Last edited:

bitsko

Aug 31, 2015
no way freetrader, this political shit is much more interesting and is clearly the root of the issue.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
This BUIP is now passed and @Norway is no longer a member of Bitcoin Unlimited.