BUIP075: Counter BUIP of BUIP071

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
BUIP075: Counter BUIP of BUIP071

This BUIP is the same as BUIP071 with the following change.

The text
Additionally, this BUIP, if passed, would give BU's Lead Developer the authority to provide a bespoke version of the "Bitcoin Core" branch for miners which creates empty SegWit blocks.
is removed without providing any substitute.

Should BUIP071 remove the above text and not place another with the same meaning in its place then this counter BUIP can be revoked and not made available for vote.

Conflict of interest
The author holds some BTC but mainly BCH.

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks for this.

BU members who don't care about this difference -- but want Cash to be the "official version" -- should vote for BOTH proposals.

torusJKL

Nov 30, 2016
The difference is that there is no official authority to create a BU version that creates empty SegWit blocks.
Bitcoin Core is firmly in Core's hand and I don't see the advantage of having a BU version that mines empty SegWit blocks.
If BU developers want to do this on their own time they are of course free to do so as always.

Thanks for this.

BU members who don't care about this difference -- but want Cash to be the "official version" -- should vote for BOTH proposals.
Yes, members can vote in favor of both and then define which one they would prefer in case both are accepted.

Reactions: Windowly

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Adding to the BUIP list.

Reactions: torusJKL

Mengerian

Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
OK, I'll take your word for it, it's bit confusing though.

I'm fine with leaving it up the Developer's discretion what to do with Core version.