BU- How do I Verify Node on Windows

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@JVWVU if memory serves @theZerg said thata BU node is "visible" only after it has finished syncing the block chain. I think this applies also to Core nodes. Initial download and verification will take some times, even more than one days.

Just check it again when you're node is fully synchronized.

One last thing, be sure that your that your server/computer is able to accept connection on port 8333.

Reactions: JVWVU

Inca

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
Actually my node appeared 'visible' before i had completed the download of the chain.

The issue is likely not accepting incoming connections. Check your firewall settings or your router if at home on a windows machine and make sure you open that port (8333).

Reactions: JVWVU

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I did not mean that I had proven the relationship between visibility and chain download in code. It was just my experience. From the code's perspective, the client is never synchronized -- it always might be a bit behind. The whole concept is just veneer in the GUI.

PM me your IP if you want me to try to connect

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@Inca you're definitely right. I've just tested with both core and BU.

@JVWVU you should check your network settings. You have to accept incoming connection on port 8333 to fully participate to Bitcoin p2p network.

If you're using your home connection check if your modem/router properly handle incoming connection on such port.

If everything looks OK and you still don't get your node on the map just check with your ISP.