Bitcoin Unlimited - On Fragmenting Donations

rezzme

Sep 8, 2015
United States
I want the ability to donate to Bitcoin Unlimited.

However, there are potentially many aspects of which require funding at various frequencies and labor:
  1. Development
    1. Individual Developers (think Andrew Stone et al - I'm sorry I am not familiar with our developers yet)
      1. Each dev might do different amounts of work as the project scales, e.g. commits, lead dev with less "contributions" versus coding devs with higher volume, etc.
    2. Research and Analysis (think Peter R)
  2. Community Management (Bloomie on bitco.in, seweso et al on /r/bitcoin_unlimited)
  3. Branding and Marketing
    1. http://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/
      1. Lead Secretary (website maintenance?)
      2. Copywriting and content
      3. Structure
      4. Graphic Designers
    2. uBitcoin Wallet
      1. Graphic Designers
      2. Developers from above
      3. Copywriting and Content

Amongst the initial members who are making contributions to Bitcoin Unlimited as a whole and in a variety of ways, but in order to avoid the problems of overhead and accounting, I think it would be awesome if key contributors had their own donor buttons/pages.

Vetting could be done on this forum to establish the roles people have committed themselves and the actual outcomes. All vetted parties get their names/donorbuttons/donor pages.

Potential donors could then see how popular each member is based on donations/contributions/feedback/activity/specialty. But then also see the big pictures. Perhaps @Peter R could program a nice graph for us. :)

I find that avoiding the pitfalls of a central financial agency like Bitcoin Foundation, and leading by example with completely individualized and decentralized funding of the uBitcoin implementation as a whole, to be a wonderful opportunity.

Reactions: TrevinHofmann