Bitcoin the sole accepted currency on new social media website

bhong46

Jun 2, 2016
Just saw a new startup social media site called HangBee that has a big emphasis on user privacy and is using Bitcoin as the sole currency on the site. You can check out their Kickstarter page here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/918187197/hangbee-discover-the-new-way-to-connect/description

Here is a quote from their page:

"Bitcoin is a digital currency that lets you make instantaneous, untraceable purchases worldwide. Every HangBee User is given a Pocket to store their Bitcoins in. They can use these Bitcoins to shop in Marketplaces, make donations to great causes, or pay back friends. Marketplaces earn a reputation score over time. There is only a 1% transaction fee for sellers, which is less than half of what most major credit cards take. This 1% fee helps keep HangBee up and running. To ensure your anonymity, ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE ENCRYPTED. As an additional precaution, during a transaction your bitcoins get mixed into a pool of other bitcoins then delivered."

I personally think this is great to see but am slightly unsure about it. Thoughts?

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
Any Bitcoin startup that has Bee in its name needs to sack the marketing guy and start again.

Reactions: AdrianX

twentyhash

Jun 2, 2016
My friend lost seven coins in that but I just never would have made that connection considering its' completely unrelated. Nice try though. Go find some other corner of the internet to criticize...

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I don't keep up with social tech but what I'm reading there seems pretty innovative compared to FB

bhong46

Jun 2, 2016
I agree theZerg. If their thing takes off, it is something that could bring Bitcoin to a wider audience. I tossed them $5 so I can hear updates on the project