### Announcing the next BU Vote: 27 August 2018 ###

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Bitcoin Unlimited members are advised that the next vote on BUIPs will be open for 5 calendar days in the window 27-31 August 2018.

The close-off date for new BUIPs is 13 August 2018 to allow the minimum two-week period for membership debate.
Proposers of existing draft BUIPs are welcome to advise that their BUIP is ready for membership vote.

The BUIPs for vote will comprise:
Note: The vote recording and counting system on the BU website will be used.
A "### VOTE ###" thread will be created on 27 August however, this will redirect members to the voting page on the website. Ideally, the vote thread will only be for Q&A and comments about the vote process.

edit: added BUIPs 94,95,96,97

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
VOTING FOR SELECTED BUIPS IS SET FOR 27 TO 31 AUGUST 2018
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
15TiujYmnHa33fjEnasBBm1eWcGx9YEXPL
ICc7Ml0aDSS7zG6CslMOyO1ZCbH9swLhEv6/dcWWhzWzX1m6ZUC4KFB4CmRLxWKKBNSLV42z7l10sbvdk+6QmLg=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
BUIP097: New Members for Election #10

Last edited:
Reactions: Norway and torusJKL

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
BUIPs 94,95 and 96 are added to the list because they are highly topical at the present time.
Note: these BUIPs are non-binding on BU development, they are to gauge the membership sentiment.

Last edited:
Reactions: torusJKL

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Early Voting & Technical Issues

The rules allow for early votes to be lodged with the secretary. This is in case of expected non-availability during the voting window.
In practice, this means recording votes here in a signed format, by replying to this thread: example from previous vote. Early votes can be lodged from today, as the BUIP list above is final.

This also applies during the vote if any technical issue affects a member voting via the BU website.

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@torusJKL, fair question.
@theZerg, the BUIP098 proposer, has not yet indicated it is ready for vote.
I would also make the observations that there is a lot more membership debate to be had on it, especially as we haven't seen the officially released make-up of the nChain SV client which is significant in BUIP098's raison d'être. There is also a miner and development meeting on August 30-31 which may well conclude with a unified change-set.
So, I expect it will be submitted for the end-Sept/early-Oct vote.

Reactions: 79b79aa8 and Norway

singularity

Aug 17, 2016
I am currently in Tokyo and I don't have access to my voting keys. I have talked with @solex about this, and I am manually submitting my votes here.

Development & Operational BUIPs
BUIP069: -- reject
BUIP091: -- accept
BUIP092: -- accept
BUIP094: -- reject
BUIP095: -- accept
BUIP096: -- abstain

Membership BUIP
BUIP097: New Members for Election #9
1. imaginary_username -- yes
2. Shaun Chong -- yes
3. Open Mind -- abstain