Why isn't Bitcoin Core in the Bitcoin Protocol Section

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
I see classic and unlimited but i don't see Bitcoin Core in the Bitcoin Protocol Section

Is this forum against Bitcoin Core?

Reactions: AdrianX

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
Is this forum against Bitcoin Core?
No, it's more like Bitcoin Core is against this forum. /r/bitcoin regularly deletes links to our discussions and bans people who link here.

P.S. And we did have a Bitcoin Core sub-forum for over a year, but not a single person posted there, so it got removed.

Reactions: freetrader

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
I can't speak on behalf of /r/bitcoin as i am not the administrator, but they shouldn't do that, as it is censorship, i believe in freedom,

most places delete links to other forums, they don't want them stealing their users, so i am not surprised about that

i have nothing against /r/bitcoin, but i do sense everyone here is against bitcoin core expect myself

maybe no one posted there because core people don't feel welcomed here,

anyways it will be up to me to represent the core people, i will stand and fight

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
All polite and respectful conversation is welcome, funny thing is the trolls from bitcointalk.org did not come over here, when the GCPU thread was locked. The signal to noise ratio is very high here, all be it slow.

I'm sure the lack of promoting Core can be justified, - even limiting transaction volume can be justified as a way to grow transaction volume, no lack of creative people in this space.

My reality is Core dominated the political landscape, Blockstream's ideas are the most represented in the Core planing meetings.

The sentiment here is diversity in development and healthy competition, and cooperation between clients, and development teams, all innovating and governing in their unique ways.

The direction Core are taking bitcoin is very concerning so @bitbee99 you're a welcome diplomat. Once the bad actors are weeded out I'm positive Core will be represented.

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
anyways it will be up to me to represent the core people, i will stand and fight
I welcome you, but one advice: represent yourself ;-)

I see Core as a diverse group of people, who must hold diverse opinions. I want to learn more about those opinions, and not some apparently party political line which is what we (the non-Core Bitcoin devs) have heard for a long time.

I would support there being a 'Bitcoin Core' subforum again if you (and others from Core) wanted to post updates and debates there.

We can only learn from each other if we are together in virtual places where there is freedom of speech. This forum IS one of those places.