What are investments?

Crypdance

Aug 29, 2019
Investments are something you buy or put your money into get a profitable return.

Most people choose from four main types of investment, known as "assest classes"

Shares - You buy a stake in a company
Cash - The savings you put in a bank or building society account
Property - You invest in a physical building, whether commercial or residential
Fixed interest secuirities (also called bonds) - You loan your money to a company or government

There are other types of investments available too, including:

-Foreign currency
-Collectibles, such as art and antiques
-Commodities like oil, coffee, corn, rubber or gold
-Contracts for difference, where you bet on shares gaining or losing value

The various assests owned by an investor are called a portfolio.

As a general rule, spreading your money between the different types assest classes helps lower the risk of your overall portfolio under performing - more on this later.

Tamrik

Sep 13, 2019
I am using Social trading service for investing. Do you hear about this service before?

RainingTacos

Oct 11, 2019
I only have shares in a local stock exchange here in my country. I am trying to build my investments in crypto again this year, buying BTC in little increments and holding on them for years. Just a passive one as I am a lazy person :LOL:

Tamrik

Sep 13, 2019
It is more easy to earn on volatility then on holding. I read several good trading strategies on liteforex site, you can read it too. Useful information

Daveyk15

Nov 26, 2019
I dont see Bitcoin as an Investment personally, just speculation bit like Gold though Gold is unlikely to be worthless at some point and you will still actually own something.

Tamrik

Sep 13, 2019
Hold strategy is not good we can trade on volatility of crypto by using forex market

Bartab

Banned
Sep 17, 2017
Investments are something you buy or put your money into get a profitable return.

Most people choose from four main types of investment, known as "assest classes"

Shares - You buy a stake in a company
Cash - The savings you put in a bank or building society account
Property - You invest in a physical building, whether commercial or residential
Fixed interest secuirities(also called bonds) - You loan your money to a company or government

There are other types of investments available too, including:

-Foreign currency
-Collectibles, such as art and antiques
-Commodities like oil, coffee, corn, rubber or gold
-Contracts for difference, where you bet on shares gaining or losing value

The various assests owned by an investor are called a portfolio.

As a general rule, spreading your money between the different types assest classes helps lower the risk of your overall portfolio under performing - more on this later.
The last 4 are more of speculations actually!