### VOTING is CLOSED for BUIPs 83 & 84 ###

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
Membership vote on BU Improvement Processes

Two BUIPs are open for voting for five days - ending 23:00 UTC, 20 January 2018

Votes should be cast in the BU website voting system
In the event of a problem votes can be made in this thread and will be counted.

Votes are for/against or abstain
BUIP votes made on the website can now be aggregated for one signature. New member proposals can also be signed with one signature.

Operational BUIPs

BUIP083: Andrew Clifford for BU President

BUIP084: Secure BCH coin splitting instructions

Votes need to be signed.

Please get involved. Bitcoin Unlimited is the start of a new paradigm where the membership decides on the admission of new members and operational changes requiring expenditure of funds.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
VOTING IS OPEN for BUIP083 BUIP084
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
15TiujYmnHa33fjEnasBBm1eWcGx9YEXPL
IFN9p9oWi7/KzVaz9/Hlx+XC/UQb/VX9Bj/OZwWSykSbJzfJgSDNrlGDWhGKttF6L/VY5U/aeGq9Oj8NZN8EeDU=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@Windowly
I did an update of your btc address. So, hopefully, it will be OK in future. You voting system name has the trailing underscore.

Reactions: Windowly

todu

Feb 3, 2017
Sweden
From Solex's email:

> First, there is a voting period starting 15 January 2018. The office of President of BU is nearing its two-year limit. Any BU member who wishes to stand can raise a BUIP announcing their candidacy, before the 15th.
For my part, I do wish to do another two-year term, so will be submitting a BUIP.

I see only your application Solex (Andrew Clifford). Does that mean that no one else has submitted their candidacy for the position?

Wildfire.ca

Jan 18, 2017
Kamino
I am getting "Author 'Wildfire.ca' does not exist."

My vote for BUIP 083 is Accept

BUIP084: Abstain

G7jBtkQNN7hTzkRr5cy74D0CSFNqyt+dbpYayIWw3H46NfO9FPgxkHuLFA3Qy6sQHN8DZvM0CJt4e/aERqFfIeY=

1WFcajYTxFXZWxQJvM2tETtdzzCaA6pd1

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@Wildfire.ca
Not sure why exactly, but your name in the voting system has a "_" instead of ".", so I think this would have worked, but I have just had to close the vote as the maximum time period of 5 days is almost up.
Thanks for voting in the thread. I will include it in the count.

@todu
Indeed. No one else submitted a candidacy BUIP, or messaged me indicating that they would like to. Thanks also for the shout out on twitter. I think it did remind several members that the vote was in progress.
[doublepost=1516493340][/doublepost]==========================================================

Results of the January 2018 BU vote

Thanks very much to all members who voted.

key: for:against:abstentions:spoil
The result is combined from the voting system and this thread.

BUIP083 PASSED 19:0:0
BUIP084 PASSED 17:0:1

Quorum 51/4 (13)
Quorum met, with 75% votes FOR, on BUIPs 83 and 84