RPC issue with multiple RPC requests (BU 0.11.2)

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
I am trying to parse the blockchain and appear to be experiencing something akin to this:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2889

At the bottom of that page, it suggests that the fix is in for core. I would assume that that would be the case for BU too since I think we're based off a fairly recent fork. However, I am still experiencing the issue nonetheless. It's quite repeatable. Is this something we might want to take a look at or does anybody have any better information? The only solution appears to be restarting the node.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
This issue is really causing me some problems. I have a script that runs every hour that pulls the details of the blocks that have been mined in the previous hour. This is enough to generate this condition. Sometimes the 500 error recovers on the next attempt (which I could code for) but other times, it's dead until a restart.

I'm not sure but this didn't appear to be occurring as much on the modified 0.11.0 node (Core with BIP101 patch) I was running. I'm switching back to that for a bit to see. (This doesn't make a lot of sense as that is from before the commit was merged in but *shrug*)

Last edited:

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
OK, I can confirm that this continues to be an issue with the patched node. I will try fiddling with some of the RPC settings and see if it helps.

Richy_T

Dec 27, 2015
Hmm. Looks like it might be p2pool related also :/

Stopped it running and not only has the problem stopped occurring, it's pulling back data from the RPC a lot more quickly as well.