Recruiting Participants for Bitcoin Project

SocResearch

Jan 11, 2016
Hi All,

I am a graduate student at the University of Arizona studying sociology. I am currently writing my master’s thesis on Bitcoin usage and am looking for people who would like to be interviewed. I am looking to get a sense of why Bitcoin is valuable and what reasons people decide to use Bitcoin. The interviews will be informal and last around an hour or as long as you have available. The time and place of the interview is up to you, as I would like this to be as convenient of an experience as possible. Topics that will be discussed will concern your ideological stance and motivations for using Bitcoin, including your history with the system. Please note that an Institutional Review Board (IRB) responsible for research on human subjects at The University of Arizona has reviewed this research project and found it to be acceptable according to federal and state regulations designed to protect the rights and welfare of participants in research.
Please private message me with your email address if you would be interested in participating and I will send you a copy of the consent form and we can discuss a time that is convenient for you. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at abk5074@email.arizona.edu. Thanks!

Reactions: Peter R and Bloomie

SocResearch

Jan 11, 2016
I should add since this post has gotten quite a few views but no bites so far, that the consent form contains details outlining privacy and confidentiality rights of all participants in this study. I understand that Bitcoiners value their anonymity in most cases and I intend and am bound by IRB oversight to take painstaking measures to protect the identity of all research participants. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

SocResearch

Jan 11, 2016
Hi Howard. Are you open to doing the interview over Skype or a digital communication tool? I would really love to hear about your experience.