PSA: Want to contribute to /r/bitcoin_unlimited wiki?

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@rezzme : Excellent - thanks a lot!

I'd like to announce that we are working on FAQ content - but that the Wiki top level could probably use some more sections, specifically a list of useful links or references to BU-related materials etc.

I think we could take some inspiration from other wikis there.

As you will notice the Wiki FAQ currently contains only the original FAQ content that is/was on the website at https://www.bitcoinunlimited.info/faq .

I'm preparing to dump a new structure + content into the Wiki FAQ though. This will include a collection of questions which @taxed4ever has graciously compiled from Reddit (thanks!). Most of them we still need to write up good answers for. I'll probably moving the original content to a temporary subsection before redistributing everything into better sections.

I've also opened a personal working area repo on Github where I'm collecting questions and working on structuring. You can also provide input to me there if you wish (raise Issues or do PRs), and I'll massage it into shape for the Wiki FAQ.

EDIT: not actively using that Github repo anymore - most work now directly on FAQ - see below

Last edited:

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Ok, we've put up a whole lot of questions and some initial structure in the Wiki FAQ.
I suggest the following for those of us who might want to work on answering some of those:
  1. pick a question you want to answer
  2. underneath the question, add your Reddit name in parentheses to indicate that you're working on it
  3. compile your answer offline to reduce risk of colliding with someone else working on a page.
  4. when done, copy the answers into the FAQ underneath the questions you want to update, and save.
Unfortunately Reddit's wiki system does not seem to offer a preview feature.
Answers can use Reddit markdown features, but please don't use headings that might interfere with the FAQ structure (questions are level 3 headings - ###).

Reactions: Peter R

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
I moved unanswered / work-in-progress questions to "todo" pages on the Wiki.
You will find links to these in certain sections with redirect messages looking like this:
This section is under construction.

Unanswered / in-progress questions can be found here
The editing process is still the same: pick an unanswered question on a Wiki todo page, enter your answer (or mark it with your reddit username if you're working on it offline) and inform us that it needs review.
Once reviewed, the question + answer is moved from the review page to the active FAQ page on the Wiki.

Reactions: Peter R