"Predict Bitcoin's Peak Price in 2016" competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter R

Aug 28, 2015
Happy New Year everyone! Cheers to the incredible progress we've made on Bitcoin Unlimited and resolving the block size limit impasse. I predict great things for 2016!

This is just a fun thread to place your bets for the highest price (in US dollars) that Bitcoin will attain in 2016. The winner gets bragging rights. You can change your guess until January 15, 2016.

My bet = $3300.

Reactions: Bloomie

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
$1710

Farhad

Nov 10, 2015
The most important factor probably will be how smoothly the block size issue progresses. These high estimates above by some smart people shows me that they think that this progress will be smooth. I'd be interested to know why they think so?
I predict $300-$600 for Dec31,2016.
Peak $700, 1-4months before halving.

Last edited:

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
I wouldn't mind a slight drop in early 2016, so I can buy me some :bitcoin:

Zangelbert Bingledack

Aug 29, 2015
@Farhad

Because I think the 1MB issue is mostly an illusion. If Core manages to keep things going fine with 1MB and Segwit and other stuff, there is no problem (at least none we didn't already have in 2013). If they don't, who is really going to stand for it? There is a lot of fronting, but ultimately people have skin in the game and they're gonna cave when users start flipping out.

Seeing how much the landscape is already transforming in response to simply approaching the limit and now BU being released, with a year of continual titanic debate, with extreme censorship being necessary to stem the tide but still quite unable to, with the best minds working feverishly on the problem from all angles, with business getting increasingly stern in its tone with Core, with top Core brass like Greg Maxwell behaving oddly and disappearing, and with Core's stance really just being a principled one that "it's better to hold the line at 1MB (practically 4MB isn't gonna kill anything but we shouldn't give up that easily)," I don't think there's any way for them to herd the Bitcoin ecosystem of cats into their little box if users start complaining.

The problem is its own solution. <spoonboy.jpg>

Status
Not open for further replies.