Please can I stop the Alerts?

mother_of_another

Jan 31, 2016
I've turned off all the Alerts in Preferences, Alert Preferences and everywhere I can find but still they keep coming to jam up my email box. What can I do?

Or can I delete this forum account to stop this? I feel violated like a spammy stalker is cyber-bullying me.

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
Alerts are not the emails you received, alerts are displayed next to your login name in the right upper corner of the forum page and report people that liked your posts or quoted you.

the mail you're receiving are probably related to "watched" threads (thread you created or thread in which you posted).

visit this link:

https://bitco.in/forum/account/preferences

and make sure to disable "and receive email notifications of replies"

\cc @Bloomie

Reactions: Bloomie

mother_of_another

Jan 31, 2016
Oooohhh! That works.

It must have been on when it said off because the little ticky parent box "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply ..." was off, but when I twiddled that parent-box back on and turned the "and receive email notifications of replies" child-box off they appear to have finally stopped. I wonder if I turn the parent-box back on now if they will start spawning again?

Edit: nup, still they come, almost as if at random, the tick boxes seem to have zero correlation with email notifications, I'm going to try to unsubscribe totally from this buggy forum, I don't want my email box filling up with nonsense at random. :(

Last edited:

Chronos

Mar 6, 2016
www.youtube.com
Agreed. Turning these off was a hassle for me.

Also note the "Unwatch Thread" link at the upper-right of each watched thread. That's the hard-to-find way to stop getting alerts for a specific thread.

deebee

Dec 8, 2016
@sickpig I'm having the same issue as OP. I've turned off the email for alerts option and the emails just keep coming. I'll go to the relevant thread and turn off watching for now. But, I'd really like to get alerts on the site without the emails.

deebee

Dec 8, 2016
Thanks sickpig for your reply.

@Bloomie : I unchecked the "and receive email notifications of replies" option after having replied to a previous thread. I continued to get email notifications on that thread after changing the setting. I did not get an email for sickpig's reply here on this thread. So perhaps the preferences setting gets associated with a thread at the time a watch is set up so a change to preferences after that has no effect for that thread?

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@deebee You've only participated in one other thread besides this one. Just unwatch it and you're done. :)