invitation for bitcoin unlimited proposal review

temp

Jan 2, 2016
BU didnt do too well on IRC perhaps because @Aquentys did not know the answers to review questions. Maybe someone else can try on bitcointalk?

Quent1 the blocksize limit is not a quick snap answers question adam3us

[EDIT https://twitter.com/Aquentys and Quent1 on IRC]

Last edited:

Matthew Light

Dec 25, 2015
Bitcointalk, /r/bitcoin and other censored fora controlled by Core and its devotees are unacceptable places for discussion.

If Adam Back and others wish to have a technical discussion of the perceived flaws with Bitcoin Unlimited, they can post them to this forum or another uncensored forum.

Many of us are now boycotting fora that censor and bad people for arguing in favor of a larger blocksize.

Reactions: AdrianX and Peter R

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
@temp Aquent or Aquentys?
The latter is my twitter handle. It prob should have been Aquenties, but there you go.

[doublepost=1451768391][/doublepost]My invitation was not even about BU, but more generally about the blocksize question. However, if he wants to narrow it down to just BU that's fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdrianX

TD-Linux

Jan 2, 2016
Aquent visited #bitcoin-wizards for a review, but as he didn't have any knowledge of the BU implementation, the discussion was fruitless to say the least.

There's already been a review at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1302519.0 which raised several concerns which haven't been addressed yet. In particular, the problems were only addressed in the case where node operators set their limit above what miners are producing. This is the least interesting case as it is similar to the other miner vote proposals.

allegro101

Dec 15, 2015
bitcoinnewsmagazine.com
Peter R already mentioned on the bitcointalk thread that discussion of Bitcoin Unlimited, unless done with care would lead to deletions. Forget IRC, make them come to this forum for discussion. Due to public interest BU probably has the better bargaining position at the moment.

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
Aquent visited #bitcoin-wizards for a review, but as he didn't have any knowledge of the BU implementation, the discussion was fruitless to say the least.
I went to #bitcoin-wizards at the request of Adam Back, but I was threatened with censorship after two or three sentences I made in #bitcoin-wizards and eventually was fully banned! So I didn't want to carry any discussion there, especially as it is difficult to follow what everyone is saying, therefore easy to misunderstand and give replies based on misunderstandings.

Moreover I made it quite clear that irc was not an appropriate venue for such discussion. It is of a fleeting nature, difficult to follow what everyone is saying when multiple people are talking at the same time, it has a chat like nature with sentences rather than paragraphs and it is not a venue for in-depth full and continuous analysis as required by the blocksize question.

It's a handy place to go to co-operate on solving a problem, but not for an actual debate. Still, good to learn Adam Back fears light and prefers to walk in darkness.