Integrating Xtreme Thinblocks and Xpress Validation in Bitcoin Classic

rustyloy

Jan 28, 2016
First off, let me thank the Bitcoin Unlimited team for the amazing work done so far. I'm a really big fan of Xtreme Thinblocks and I hope we can work together to get this feature merged into Classic. I'm really excited to have the opportunity to help in this process anyway that I can.

I've reach a somewhat stable point in merging the code into the Classic development branch, so I have opened a work in progress PR # 147. The code should compile, pass all tests, and exchange thin block information with unlimited clients (though locally I have to revert back to an older style of xthinblocks to be compatible with Unlimited release 12). Next week my major focus will be to comb through the code and find the mistakes that I made during the merge.

I'm new to the bitcoin development scene, so I apologize in advance if I am slow. Please let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong, or anything I could do better.

Thanks again, I am looking forward to working with everyone!

Last edited:

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for joining us here @rustyloy and thanks for your tireless work on Classic. Great to hear you're integrating this. It's incredibly important to try and convince miners to try and re-decentralize their block propagation through the p2p network:if that's possible. I think it is.

Classic and BU ultimately have the same values and foresee a similar future so it's great to see the collaboration.

Reactions: 8up

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@rustyloy
Nice work. Once the Classic nodes have this, it will be a powerful demonstration to Core users that they are being deliberately disadvantaged by their devs.

One enhancement we have been discussing is a dynamic hash size, which for example, moves +/-8 bits depending upon whether a collision is seen (>1 per week) requiring a standard block request. So that the Xthin-using network will self-optimize to the shortest viable hash size, and thinnest blocks.
A phase II project.

Reactions: 8up and cypherdoc

Peter Tschipper

Jan 8, 2016
@rustyloy Let me know if you have any questions about what's in the code for xthinblocks or how it works. Mostly everything is identified in our code by //BUIP010 Xtreme thinblocks - begin and end sections or Xpress Validation begin/end ...maybe you've already see that. Anyway, as I said, let me know if you have questions.

Reactions: freetrader

donald26

Feb 2, 2024
HOW YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR LOST CRYPTO/FUNDS: Lost hope in a crypto scam? I got my $394,330 back! I invested $430,000 in a bogus crypto site. Big returns promised, withdrawals blocked, extra fees demanded – it was a nightmare. Feeling trapped, I even considered the unthinkable. My family helped me through it, and my niece suggested HACKERSTEVE911. They'd helped her with grades, but I'd never thought of them for this. I contacted them, expecting little. But within four days, they recovered $394,330 back to my wallet! My hope, my life, was back. If you're in a similar situation, don't lose hope. Contact them on hackersteve911@gmail.com

Shahadatkhan00

Jan 28, 2024
Say goodbye to centralized finance and hello to a decentralized future! Stake $UP on TonTogether's #TonUp Launchpad and be part of shaping a financial system that is transparent, inclusive, and fair. Secure your stake of the 100M $TOT tokens today: https://go.tonup.io/GldKvG #TogetherTON #Tot #TON #web3 #Crypto

Dolphon

Feb 7, 2024
Hey, great job on the progress with Bitcoin Unlimited's Xtreme Thinblocks. It's cool to see your effort to merge it into Classic.