Instructions for dummies

Matias

Jan 15, 2016
Hi!

Could you please provide instructions for dummies like me, what to do exactly.

I understand, that by downloading your Bitcoin classic -software I run a node for it, but how do I configure my miner for this?

I have Antminer S5. I mine in Antpool

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
I don't think you can mine with bitcoin unlimited yet. It needs a pool first or for your pool to offer it as an option which I don't think they do currently and I don't think any pool does at this point.

sickpig

Aug 28, 2015
@Aquent I think @Matias is talking about bitcoin classic, not BU. We're in the BC subforum afterall :)

That said your post equally applies to BC.

Reactions: Aquent

jclarkv

Mar 13, 2016
I've been running a full node of bitcoin core for a few month on linux, trying to make a contribution to the system. I think I'd like to update to Bitcoin Classic, but, as a linux tourist, I don't know what to do with the Classic files once I download them. To be perfectly honest, I don't even know in what directory the current bitcoin core files are after installing the GUI.

I would really appreciate a step by step for dummies on how to switch from core to classic.

jclarkv

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
@jclarkv : It's best if you get yourself a login to the Classic Slack channel (https://bitcoinclassic.slack.com), and then hop onto #support there.

Just repeat your question there, if I'm not on there, then someone else will be able to guide you in what to do. Thanks for running a full node btw.

VeritasSapere

Nov 16, 2015
Running a full node does not really have anything to do with mining today. If you are running an S5 however all you need to do is log into the S5 through the local IP, then put in the pool info under miner configuration. If you do not know what info you need just go to whatever pool you are using and it should have a help section explaining how to configure your miner, I would recommend Slush. :)

https://slushpool.com/home/

jclarkv

Mar 13, 2016
Sorry I wasn't clear. I know the difference between mining and running a node. My question has nothing to do with mining, but rather than start a new thread, I thought I would add to this one in order the get the question answered.

But now I have two problems:
1. How to upgrade my node to Classic from Core
2. How to get an invite to the bitcoinclassic slack group......[edit: just figured this part out]

Last edited:

Erdogan

Aug 30, 2015
1. stop the original node with bitcoin-cli stop.
2. Download the your preferred binary software package (a tar.gz file)
3. tar zxf bitcoin-0.12.0-linux64.tar.gz ( for example)
4 go to the new directory: cd bitcoin-0.12.0
5 run the node: nohup bin/bitcoind &
It will use the same data directory, config file, blocks, port and rpc port

Reactions: jclarkv

donald26

Feb 2, 2024
HOW YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR LOST CRYPTO/FUNDS: Lost hope in a crypto scam? I got my $394,330 back! I invested $430,000 in a bogus crypto site. Big returns promised, withdrawals blocked, extra fees demanded – it was a nightmare. Feeling trapped, I even considered the unthinkable. My family helped me through it, and my niece suggested HACKERSTEVE911. They'd helped her with grades, but I'd never thought of them for this. I contacted them, expecting little. But within four days, they recovered $394,330 back to my wallet! My hope, my life, was back. If you're in a similar situation, don't lose hope. Contact them on hackersteve911@gmail.com

Shahadatkhan00

Jan 28, 2024
Want to be part of the movement that is revolutionizing finance? Don't miss out on this opportunity to stake $UP on TonTogether's #TonUp Launchpad. By securing your stake of the 100M $TOT tokens, you're actively participating in building a financial system that benefits everyone. Join us now: https://go.tonup.io/GldKvG #TogetherTON #Tot #TON #web3 #Crypto