In 2017 blockchain has gone beyond fintech

Bithub

Sep 27, 2017
bithub.pl
In 2017 the world finally started looking at blockchain and distributed ledgers applications beyond cryptocurrencies. We have seen some early adopters in financial and supply chain world, but definitely 2017 was when we saw great growth – says Marta Pierkarska, Hyperledger’s Director of Ecosystem, in Bithub.pl’s #SundayInterview.

Let’s start with the blockchain landscape in general: would you say that 2017 was a breakthrough year for this technology?

Marta Piekarska: I think in 2017 the world finally started looking at blockchain and distributed ledgers applications beyond cryptocurrencies. We have seen some early adopters in financial and supply chain world, but definitely 2017 was when we saw great growth. Even if you look at Hyperledger – we hit 200 members at the end of the year, and already have more enterprises joining. We are proud of the work our vibrant and diverse community has accomplished, having released the first production build of Hyperledger Fabric, and waiting to do more next year.

I think that the technology foundations have now been set. In the coming year, that will turn into more production software releases, real world implementations, and the first real business returns on our collective intellectual and financial investment.

Full interview on https://bithub.pl/english/sundayinterview-in-2017-blockchain-has-gone-beyond-fintech/

Toros

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Block chain has in general gotten beyond the boundaries of everything, not only for cryptocurrencies, but for everything else. It's just accepted in different areas. And accepted very well at that =))

Reactions: Koma

Kesidro

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Yes, it's widely used anywhere you can imagine. I've heard they want to use it even during the election, so it's more transparent. I think it's an interesting idea.

Bitterom

Jan 20, 2018
Nowadays blockchain is simply impossible to overestimate. It does give a lot to the world and therefore it's worth upgrading.