How do you choose new altcoins for investment?

DemLabs

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Hey, guys. Here I stumbled on interesting arguments, how to choose a new coin to invest among a crazy amount of shitcoins. Especially I liked this thought: “Pay close attention to a project team. If a team comprise too many managers, advisors, and marketers it could mean those founders are primarily concerned about the image of a project. Don't get fooled by these decorations. In a decent blockchain project, the main role is played by developers”. Obviously, someone from techies wrote this, the hater of managers and marketers :) and really useful thought of the size of a hard cap. I realize what the author says - really, why would they raise such huge amounts of money? Here I remember Bancor- $ 150 million, and where is their token now?..

DapCash

Nov 23, 2018
Well, Bancor is pretty famous exchange. To get profit you should choose only projects with strong technical idea

PaulF5

Dec 18, 2018
Being a professional investor that understands how crypto works and can make better than random predictions as to the prices of the assets it incredibly hard. Almost everyone will fail at that. The best advice to almost everyone is: DO NOT TRY. You have two options

1) Only invest in the top1 proven crypto
2) Only invest in market cap weighted fashion ("indexing")

2) has the problem that market caps are not well defined. But doing it approximately is still better than 1) under a lot classes of assumptions

Areding

Nov 7, 2018
You are right, among such a number of incomprehensible coins it is very difficult to stop at one, therefore it is better to invest in already popular and proven ones.

Frillik

Jan 28, 2019
I think that even if the team and supporters behind particular altcoins are great, there is no guarantee the project will be successful. There are too many factors that are independent of the developers and unlikely to be foreseen. Thus the choice of a good altcoin depends on your preferences and luck. The relatively reliable investment is Bitcoin and other top cryptocurrencies by market cap. Another important thing is a place where you buy crypto. Here comes the same principle: the largest and most popular exchanges are the most reliable. One of such exchanges is Cex that I use. I love the option of purchasing crypto for fiats, especially euro (https://cex.io/btc-eur). You can deposit with credit cards, bank transfer or crypto. It’s an international platform so it’s available in almost all countries.

solarcrypto

Jan 18, 2019
It's just a personal choice, different coins for different reasons. I'd stick with bitcoin but definitely look into TRON.

Jannn1410

Mar 8, 2019
i prefer to invest small amount in the currencies which are interesting for me, so that i can look and see. do not be afraid to try something new

Julie_ee

Apr 12, 2019
Mostly I choose to invest in some stable coins, if it concerns quite a sizeable amount of money. I am not a risky kind of person, I use only coins, that I know won`t drop to zero at once

Georg Engelmann

Sep 10, 2015
Austria
bitcoincashstandards.org
I have acquired some altcoins after the split in BTC / BCH

ETH and LTC – they are well-known and listed on Bitstamp and Coinbase

I would advise against microcap altcoins – 99% of them are going to disappear in the future (no real development team, miners leaving them behind...)