Future of cryptocurrencies and world governments role

jerrygarkia

Sep 13, 2020
Weather the Governments like cryptocurrencies or not is debatable. We are noticing that world over the governments are taking cryptocurrencies more seriously with every passing day.

However some cryptocurrencies think they are invincible and can exist and no government can ban them. Thought this can be debated by many, in my personal opinion. It is really hard for cryptocurrencies to exist without approval of governments.

I do know that some brilliant people have already understood this and are building solutions around this. A good example is Concordium. They are building the world’s first regulatory complaint blockchain with on-chain governance. The catch here is, if all laws are regulations are followed and abide by, Governments cannot shut it down. It then becomes a big win in turn.

I think more regulation will be seen in the coming years and if cryptocurrencies have inbuilt regulatory mechanisms like the above blockchain, I don’t see any issue and there would be no reason they wont be allowed. I really think that 2020 is going to be the yard of regulation especially with the travel rule getting implemented across the globe.

Reactions: b0mn4l

b0mn4l

Sep 13, 2020
I think it's great that there's a team trying to regulate cryptocurrency, but how do you regulate something that's global and goes beyond boundaries? What laws or rules will be their basis? I'm just very curious!

fiulten

Sep 21, 2020
I think that people should realize the benefits of using cryptocurrencies. In my country people do not know much about cryptocurrencies. Due to the low cost of local currency in my country, i started to use cryptocurrencies to protect my savings in cryptocurrencies. I currently have my tokens created on the MintMe platform, this platform was recommended to me.