Forum upgrade

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
The forum software has been upgraded. This upgrade has been long in the making and brings us into 2020 with a brand-new forum engine, significantly faster than the previous iteration and with a ton of excellent new features.

The goal was to roll this out with less than a day's downtime (it took approximately 12 hours) while retaining virtually all functionality that we had in the previous version and maintaining sort of a familiar look. I will continue to make updates and tweaks over the weekend and into next week and the remainder of the month, but these updates will be made with the forum running and should not require any additional downtime.

With BTC trading at prices from approximately 3 years ago, BCH and BSV being where BTC was 5 years ago, and gold... well, collapsing, this is, in a way, a reset for us and a fresh start. Enjoy and be sure to leave your feedback.

Bloomie

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
looks good hoe it's worth the effort. Is the 2FA still working?

also from a design perspective minimizing vertical waster real-estate while maintaining a comfortable negative space around content would be appreciated.

Niner

Feb 29, 2016
Vertical waster real-estate is also a pet peeve of mine.
It seemed to be less of an issue on the mobile device so on the desktop I resize the browser width to look like the mobile version.