Does Roger Ver own this forum?

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
i heard he owns several bitcoin forums, i'm trying to find out which ones,

i hired a personal investigator and he found this forum's link on the bitcoinunlimited website,

here is the evidence:

its the first link that says the bitcoin forum, , if you click on it, it takes you to this forum

my private investigator also told me that he owns or is affiliated with the bitcoin unlimited domain

does anyone know?

Last edited:

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
This forum was started as a reaction to the censorship on bitcointalk.org by members of the Gold Collapsing Bitcoin Up (GCBU) thread they are the preliminary members. check out that thread - you can read the history, I have found it an entertaining read.

Rodger may have contributed on one or two occupations to the GCBU of bitcointalk.org. He was not one of those long term members, he was not part of the GCBU community, I have not seen any post profiles that match his MO.

When Theymos started censoring discussion about the BIP101 proposal, the GCBU on bitcointalk was shut down. Soon after this forum started. Roger in parallel started a forum using his bitcoin.com domain, it was also created as a reaction to the censorship, these two forums were for a short wile in competition with each other for members, I was a little frustrated as I felt the community was unnecessarily decided and would have preferred the two forums combined. I registers on both because I had no idea which would be more popular. I chose to come here because of the contributors form GCBU provide the most divers and insightful opinions.

Roger just recently joined this forum, he is a late adopter of BU, BU started on bitcointalk.org in the GCBU thread. I can say with a lot of confidence, Roger Ver was not involved in any way with BU for the first year of BU's existence, I don't even think he knew it existed. it is not very likely he contributed to the creation of this forum or the BU domain name. you can check out the whois info.
[doublepost=1492161327,1492160353][/doublepost]
my private investigator also told me that he owns or is affiliated with the bitcoin unlimited domain
that being a strange statement in its-self you could ask you PI to read this:
https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/

I don't think there could be any connection.

Last edited:

bitbee99

Mar 19, 2017
>is affiliated with the bitcoin unlimited domain

What does this mean?

it means that this domain and that other domain are friends, there is a connection between them,
could be they are the same owners or they are best friends and are working hand in hand

because if you notice there is a war between bitcoin.com and bitcoin.org

they don't put each others domains on each others website,

they each have their own agenda,

at least this is what my private investigator told me, and he is the best in my town, so i believe him

also i always knew this forum favored bitcoin unlimited, because they dont have a bitcoin core section, even tho bloomie said it was for another reason, but i wasn't going to back down so easily

im going to get to the bottom of this(y)

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
because if you notice there is a war between bitcoin.com and bitcoin.org

they don't put each others domains on each others website,

they each have their own agenda,

at least this is what my private investigator told me, and he is the best in my town, so i believe him
Theymos owns the bitcoin wiki https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/User:Theymos, he owns Bitcoin.org, in conjunction with cobra-bitcoin and r/bitcoin https://github.com/theymos https://github.com/cobra-bitcoin

while bitcoin.org claims to be an open project it is far from it. it is run by a bunch of cronies who push very narrow and political addenda.

Anyone who does not support their vision, arguably one that is not consistent with the white paper or how bitcoin works given the support for UASF - is rejected. Bitcoin.org being one of the website most new comers would associate with bitcoin an open source project, new users are presented with am extremest view, that abuses power for political gain, such as changing the white paper and some examples below.
  • Bitcoin XT was removed from from bitcoin.org for not being bitcoin because they supported the idea of a higher transaction volume if 75% of the network supported the idea.
  • Slush one of the longest standing pools, the inventor of the trazor hardware wallet was threaten to be removed by cobra for suggesting that the trazor would be comparable with bitcoin if bitcoin upgraded to bigger blocks. https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/pull/1564

So bitcoin.org is controlled by an open model of cronies lead by theymos and cobra, who project abuse of power for a political position that is consistent with the limiting of bitcoin transaction volume.

bitcoin.com was registered by Roger, he leased it to a company in Hong Kong https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-evangelist-roger-ver-is-suing-a-hong-kong-firm-over-bitcoin-com-revenues/ the domain name was not effectively used, Roger took it back and put it to use creating a mining pool and a bitcoin forum to protect the bitcoin described in the bitcoin white paper.

Bitcoin.org only lists companies associated with their political objectives (manly supporting limited bitcoin transaction capacity and using other layer 2 transaction networks) the cronies use political threats to remove companies from public view on r/bitcoin bitcoin.org and bitcointalk.org if they support the a transaction limit that is not in alignment with the Blockstream/Core, and their vision for bitcoin.

Bitcoin.com lists only companies that pay for a listing or benefit the larger community. Bitcoin.com runs an open forum and a mining pool, Roger uses this website to promote the bitcoin that is described in the white paper and has over 8 years of empirical history.

Bitcoi.in landing page is still rather unconsidered, Bitcoin Core is not listed because they no longer represent the original bitcoin and have succumbed to centralized control. bitco.in was started on a budget and I believe run on advertising revenue alone.

The war is not about domain names or websites, it's about preserving bitcoin, one group say it's broken, we need to change the white paper and follow the lead of Blockstream to improve it, and the other group say no bitcoin is not broken, we just need to remove the transaction limit using the existing consensus mechanism described in the white paper. The war is about Blockstreams segwit, and removing the transaction limit.

also i always knew this forum favored bitcoin unlimited, because they dont have a bitcoin core section, even tho bloomie said it was for another reason, but i wasn't going to back down so easily
Bitcoin Unlimited was born on this forum. bitcoi.in came first then Bitcoin Unlimited - everything about BU was started here. before any code was released, we discussed how to govern changes in the code.

If you read the GCBU thread on this forum you will see how it came about and why. If you are interested in the history of bitcoin it's my opinion that the 2 predecessors to this thread hold the most comprehensive history of all events and happenings that have made bitcoin what it is today. (it goes back to 2011 when I first started reading about bitcoin.)

The bottom line is many aspects of bitcoin require decentralized control, many aspects of bitcoin have fallen under centralized control. public opinion managed through public forums, and development.

the GCBU thread was started by @cypherdoc as with the 2 predecessors on bitcointalk.org, he is also responsible for creating this forum with @Bloomie he dispersal form public a while ago after being heavily harassed by social media marketers employed by Blockstream - we don't actually know why he left. Cypherdoc insight and understandings have proved to be very accurate. He also advocated to remove the bitcoin transaction limit.

The GCPU thread on bitcointalk.org was a very popular thread with over 1000,000 views. it had attracted a huge viewership at the time it was shut down. the numbers shocked me and I remember verifying them. they have since been deleted from bitcointalk.org. we have yet to see that viewership return.

DarkHeretic

Sep 8, 2015
The story:

Roger Ver’s issues, including his gripe about being banned from r/bitcoin:

Samson Mow’s opinion about the debate (does not consider the bcoin + Extension Block proposal):

Think critically, and make up your own mind.

Reactions: AdrianX

freetrader

Staff member
Dec 16, 2015
Thanks for helping me make up my mind!
The interview with Mow definitely confirmed what I thought already.

Reactions: AdrianX

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
@AdrianX thank you for your detailed chronicles. The only correction is that cypherdoc did not create this forum (he is member #24), although carrying the Gold thread over here obviously helped with starting several important conversations. It was also a double-edged sword, because a lot prominent community members openly said that they did not want to have anything to do with a forum affiliated with cypherdoc and refused to join. Our early membership was a combination of followers of the old Gold thread and community members that I recruited personally through reddit and IRC.

My original plan after acquiring the domain was to develop it as a commercial project, it, but after it became clear that the block size debate had the potential to become the defining point in Bitcoin's history and Gavin and Mike threw down the gauntlet by starting Bitcoin XT (which was heavily suppressed), I decided to make the site into a platform for voices that were being banned everywhere else.

That was before /r/btc emerged as an alternative to /r/Bitcoin. Bitcoin.com at the time was just a landing page with a few referral links. Roger later added a forum to his site after I messaged him on Twitter asking for help in promoting us. That forum ended up not going anywhere and became a weaker version of Bitcointalk filled mostly with noise and spam (forums are a tough business), despite having paid staff, several high-profile AMAs, and heavy promotion. I understand why Roger did what he did, because he was trying to recoup his investment in the Bitcoin.com domain, but it was terrible for the community and for Bitcoin.

TL;DR Roger does not own this forum.

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
@Bloomie thanks for that update those corrections fit comfortably withing my incomplete understanding of the full picture.

Where can you find the member numbers, I would interested to see what member number I am.

P.S, and thanks for hosting.

Reactions: freetrader

Rogerver

Nov 24, 2016
Roger Ver was not involved in any way with BU for the first year of BU's existence, I don't even think he knew it existed.
Bingo! The only reason I support BU now is because the BU devs understand why Bitcoin is useful as money. They Core devs seem to have no clue regarding this, and in many cases are actively hostile to people trying to use Bitcoin in commerce.