Different value of Bitcoin

ricphua

Apr 23, 2017
Why are prices different on different platforms? The BTC/USD on Bitcoin.com is different from Bitfinex, also different at Poloniex. One could buy at lower price from platform A and sell at higher price at platform B, right?

Bagatell

Aug 28, 2015
You wont be able to trade on Bitcoin.com (it's not an exchange). You will have trouble getting USD in or out of Bitfinex because of their current banking problems and Poloniex don't trade USD.

Reactions: AdrianX

ricphua

Apr 23, 2017
Thanks for clarification. I just don't understand the logic. For example, Quoine now quoted BTC/USD 1,247.44 while Bitfinex is 1,353.80 - why.
Not withstanding that USD withdrawal is currently not possible at Bifinex, assuming it will be resolved sometime into the future, then this contra is possible right?

AdrianX

Aug 28, 2015
bitco.in
Not withstanding that USD withdrawal is currently not possible at Bifinex, assuming it will be resolved sometime into the future, then this contra is possible right?
I could resolve with bankruptcy where no one gets there fiat, one would expect people to take the loss, buy expensive BTC and get out, accounting to the higher BTC price.

Reactions: Bagatell

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
If the difference in price is so dramatic, that can mean that one exchange is quoting the price in U.S. dollars while the other is quoting it in USDT aka Tether, a funny cryptocurrency that's supposed to be pegged to the dollar but cannot stay properly pegged to it no matter how hard it tries.

icoholder

Oct 13, 2017
Thanks for the useful information, now I can exclude from the list unsuitable for me sites.