Changetip integration?

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
That would be awesome. I am not aware of ChangeTip being compatible with any forum software yet though.

cypherdoc

Aug 26, 2015
cool idea

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
I see that ChangeTip has responded to your post. It would be better if they worked with developers of forum packages (vBulletin, phpBB, XenForo, etc) instead of individual forum admins. That way they could just create plugins that all the admins could use instead of having all these people duplicate the work.

cybrbeast

Sep 28, 2015
Netherlands
futuretribe.space
@Bloomie you just discovered how difficult/impossible it was to get an animated GIF as an avatar into a forum package. So maybe they have tried that, but many package developers might not be open to it. Many of their integrations aren't along official lines but via bots and 'hacks'.

cybrbeast

Sep 28, 2015
Netherlands
futuretribe.space
From the Reddit thread:

honestbleeps (changetip engineer)
For what it's worth, I responded generically because I have no idea what software that site runs.

I agree, a plugin for the most popular forums out there is an ideal way to go. Right now, it's not something we're focusing resources on, but certainly if the open source community were to build something like that, we'd assist in any way we can!

We've got a lot of irons in the fire at the moment :)

Also:

phpboss 2 points 11 hours ago

Yes. It is possible. I created php module for XenForo before, and it have features to add new module that will be integrating tipping to forum by using ChangeTip API.

Reactions: Bloomie

Bloomie

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2015
As soon as ChangeTip or anybody else writes a XenForo add-on, even if it's an unofficial one, we'll definitely consider it.