BU election candidates and disclosure of Bitcoin related interests?

bitcartel

Nov 19, 2015
Just wondering if members who have put themselves up for election could also mention, if not already, any cryptocurrency related activities and ventures?

I think this could help BU members in their voting as well as provide a bit of transparency for outsiders looking at the BU project.

For example, looking at Bitcoin Classic, the first supporting miner listed is a co-founder of Cryptsy, which may be of concern to potential users:

Last edited:

solex

Staff member
Aug 22, 2015
@bitcartel

Good question. I am not now, and not previously been involved in any commercial activity related to Bitcoin (or alts). My participation is as an investor with an interest in cryptocurrency social theory i.e. its high-level effect on the world financial system and greater society.

Last edited:
Reactions: bitcartel

theZerg

Staff member
Aug 28, 2015
I haven't been involved in commercial activity related to Bitcoin (or alts). I am an investor in Bitcoin. Also, I hold a few (< 100) MRO that I mined in the early days and but honestly wonder if I can even get my wallet back.

I have agreed to work (for small pay denominated in Bitcoin) on an altcoin that is basically BU with a larger default block size (and a blockchain reset). I am not ready to give up on Bitcoin (yet and probably forever), but I believe that if the block size remains at 1MB an altcoin will fill the "micro-coin gap". While creating such a coin today may be premature, it it not my task to second guess the creator of this coin's timing decisions and I honestly haven't really considered the timing.

Aquent

Aug 19, 2015
I used to write journalistic/editorial articles for ccn.la https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/author/andrew-quent/ mainly because I was looking into the gox affair at the time and wanted to bring publicity to potential findings. I stopped after I became aware of some public/reddit posted allegations of potentially unethical behaviour by ccn (Disclaimer: I am not asserting there was any such behaviour, I was not privy to any insider information so simply being an independent contractor who just submitted articles, nor do I pass any judgment on the allegations made at the time).

Nothing else for now. I might perhaps pick up writing again, but more focused on getting BU off the ground.

I have agreed to work (for small pay denominated in Bitcoin) on an altcoin that is basically BU with a larger default block size (and a blockchain reset).
That's quite interesting. It might act as a test bed of BU's ideas in a real life situation.