Blockchains will create a better world

Bithub

Sep 27, 2017
bithub.pl
Blockchains allow frictionless, fast, safe, and fair transactions between parties worldwide. They limit the ability of parties to benefit at the expense of the greater economy. They allow integration of the entire world into a fair and level economic playing field. And will help us to create the fair, honest, efficient, and safe world we all want to live in – says Paul Snow, CEO at Factom.com, in Bithub.pl’s #SundayInterview.

Is blockchain a breakthrough technology that can bring transparency to every aspect of social and political life? Or such a statement would be too far-fetched?

Paul Snow:The blockchain is going to bring transparency to every aspect of politics, business, and culture. Perhaps more importantly, the blockchain is going to bring trust.

The problem with trust using centralized systems like social media, email, applications, documents, and databases is that these electronic records are subject to change. Those in control of those systems, from users to companies, can modify, delete, and add new information. Those in control can in effect modify the past.

Public blockchains remove the ability to edit, delete, and insert. Bitcoin has enormous security, with its Proof of Work, to the point that its records cannot be modified despite being distributed worldwide without any access restrictions. Banks are only secure if they can absolutely control who can enter their vaults, or who can log into their databases. In contrast, anyone in the world can inspect Bitcoin’s ledger (what Bitcoin uses for a vault and database for its value). But nobody can change anything because of the math Bitcoin uses.

Technologies like Factom allow that insurmountable security in Bitcoin’s ledger to be applied to ledgers of data. Factom supports unlimited digital ledgers that can be created and used by unlimited applications and purposes, without restriction. These decentralized „books” of entries can be created, added to by many parties, audited, and validated by its users. They can refer to entries in other ledgers. This can be leveraged to create distributed digital identities, audit trails, manage devices in the Internet of Things (IoT) and more.

Being able to measure business processes in near real time by many parties with no centralized database, and no risk of modification or corruption (by mistake or malice) is going to change the way we do things.

Full interview on https://bithub.pl/english/sundayinterview-blockchains-will-create-a-better-world/

Reactions: HealthNet

sandrine

Mar 7, 2018
Also be convinced that the Blockchain will revolutionize every aspect of life. Whether in the political, industrial, economic or even cultural environment, I would say that this new technology will contribute to creating a better world as it already does. Like Paul Snow, I believe in Blockchain and all that it can do again. Moreover, it is thanks to such a system that my cryptocurrency-global broker manages to manage my transactions bitcoin, etherum and other digital currencies. Everything is fast and secure.

Reactions: HealthNet

lubosold

Mar 8, 2018
Blockchain gives us new possibilities which we will most likely see in use in many areas of our life. Apps based on blockchain have a lot of potential due to the fact that when they are using blockchain they sustain and expand themselves. I'm convinced that this is the future

Toros

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Blockchain has already managed to show very good results. Many resources and comapanies use it now. And almost all the cryptocurrencies are on blockchain, because of what it's become popular.

Bitterom

Jan 20, 2018
The way blockchain is emerging proposes that it has a great future. Now many huge organizations are using this technology and their number is increasing day by day. The cafe Joe project is the recent fact that the organizations will utilize the blockchains in a much better way very soon.

Haert

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Blockchain will cause a revolution in the next 5-10 years. People are not truely aware of the benefits of it. They can use Bitcoin as the best example of how Blockchain technology can impact the world. I hope that companies start using this technology to increase their overall productivity.

xtamex

Aug 21, 2018
"The blockchain is going to bring transparency to every aspect of politics"

Even though it's obvious blockchains have already started changing the world, I highly doubt politicians would go for transparency. Still, it's a great idea to use smart contracts during the election - if a politician or party fails to deliver what he promised (or at least a part of it) - he cannot be elected any more and doesnt get a penny.

Diana2

Oct 26, 2018
merehead.com
I think that blockchain technology is the technology of the future and in the next years its popularity will grow. In different spheres of our life special blockchain-based solutions will be used. There are such frameworks as Hyperledger Fabric https://merehead.com/blog/benefits-of-blockchain-hyperledger-fabric/. It is a software which is used to develope blockchain-based applications. So everyone will know about blockchain in the nearest future and benefit from the advantages of using this technology.