Blockchain CEO Predicts Central Banks Will Add Bitcoin to Balance Sheet in 2018

Carmela Tim

Oct 2, 2017
The chief executive of a prominent cryptocurrency company believes that central banks will begin adding cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum to their balance sheet within the next year.

Speaking with CNBC, Peter Smith, CEO of cryptocurrency wallet service Blockchain, said that he anticipates that 2018 will be the year that central banks begin adding bitcoin and ethereum to their reserves as a hedge against market volatility.

“I think this year will be the first year we start to see central banks start to hold digital currencies as part of their balance sheet,” Smith said.

Source: http://strategiccoin.com/this-ceo-thinks-central-banks-will-add-bitcoin-to-balance-sheet-in-2018/

Bitterom

Jan 20, 2018
I don't know about that but some countries are already notorious for banning cryptocurrency. So that way they've been able to influence the price. A manipulation in a way.

Bitterom

Jan 20, 2018
The way whole world is reacting towards the cryptocurrencies makes it sure that they have a best future and the governmental private authorities will regulate them into their databases as well. Russia has shown a promising prospects towards it as they announced to launch their own coin soon.

Toros

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I don't like the involvement of Banks in cryptocurrency. I hold the banks and corporations for the broken economy of the world. They have exploited the poor and robbed them of their hard-earned money, I like to see independency in the cryptocurrency market.

Zolin

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
To be honest, i don't like this news. The reason is that i have bad experiences with bank dealings. They always try to trick you by giving you bad advises and then, they rob you of your hard-earned money. What do you think? Am i being paranoid or am i being realistic?